8300HD keeps cancelling my recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bobby_M

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Just when I get psyched that the new firmware supported "start program from beginning" when a show is still being recorded, another bug appears.

I use the "record all episodes" feature for shows that are on all five weekdays. I tell it to "save until I erase" and also to "record all shows this channel in this time slot". Once that is done, I skip ahead day by day and notice that show is highlighted in red on each day.

A day or two later, I'll notice the show hasn't recorded and all the future recordings for that show are gone.

Any idea what is going on? No... nobody in the house is messing with me.

Bobby

does your guide indicate that it will be recored? the only problem i have had with mine is that when the power goes off, it will come back on and not have the recordings, however, if i reboot it again, they will come back.

try to unplug it so it reboots.

Same problem here

Schedule a recurring recording, wait a day or so, and it cancels itself. I've had nothing but problems with the SA HD DVR from Cablevision since I got the upgrade. Another favorite problem is "The Never-Ending Recording", a show will continue to record past its end-time without stopping, until you unplug the machine. And don't forget "The Invisible Movie" where a recording sits on the list of recorded shows, but when you try to play it you only get a black screen and have to press the DVR button to go back. This is all ultra-infuriating because I'd been using TiVo for years before this crapola machine came along and could not have been happier. But TiVo can't handle HD, so that was that.

I've complained and was told to bring the box back and get a replacement. We'll see if that helps...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)