83W Trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kjsmith01993

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
North Liberty
I got around a 60% signal on 83W using an old 74cm Primestar dish, I was unable to get a clear picture. I'm wanting the retro tv channel. I figured that dish must not have enough gain so I tried aiming my old 1.2m Hughes dish at 83W and did a blind scan. I'm getting signal but nothing comes up in channel list. I'm using a Coolsat 7000. Any suggestions?

You dont have another receiver to try with? Retro is coming in perfect for me with the x2 and s9/s10 and mhd using a 1.2m

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I´d say your 1.2 m is more than enough to get signal maybe even the 74 cmts, I myself in Central Mexico get it on a 90 cmts dish, with good picture quality

Where can I get the symbol rates and frequencies so I can add that satellite to the CS 6000?

AMC-9 KU 83w

Frequency: 11735H
SR: 4439

Retro TV
PMT PID: 32
PCR PID: 33
V.PID: 33
A.PID: 34

TUFF
PMT PID: 35
PCR PID: 36
V.PID: 36
A.PID: 37

PBJ
PMT PID: 38
PCR PID: 39
V.PID: 39
A.PID: 40

I got around a 60% signal on 83W using an old 74cm Primestar dish, I was unable to get a clear picture. I'm wanting the retro tv channel. I figured that dish must not have enough gain so I tried aiming my old 1.2m Hughes dish at 83W and did a blind scan. I'm getting signal but nothing comes up in channel list. I'm using a Coolsat 7000. Any suggestions?
If you get no channels, how do you know you are at the right satellite?

Thanks I'll give that a try when I get home. I used dispointer.com to aim it using my neighbors tree line as a reference which has always worked quite well when aiming my other 15 dishes.

If you can't add the satellite to your existing list, just pick a KU sat and use it. If you're going to use the dish fixed on 83, the receiver won't know the difference, just be sure you use the correct LO freq. Sounds like just a little tweaking to do , the 1.2dish should bring a solid RTV signal.

..I'm getting signal but nothing comes up in channel list. I'm using a Coolsat 7000. Any suggestions?
Can you be more precise? You are receiving signal quality? What reading on the Coolsat 7000? I have this receiver and it is my favorite receiver for dish orientation since it has a large easy-to-read display showing received signal quality. Any chance you're really receiving Nimiq at 82W? This seems unlikely since you would have to tune to a different receiver frequency to see it.

Added: If receiving an adjacent sat, it's more likely you're receiving SES2 at 87W. Powerful MTA is on tp 11737 on that sat...only 2MHz different (and opposite polarity) than RTV on 83W.

Last edited:
That transponder for luken is awfully weak, I had a hard time getting a signal when I got my new lnb. Maybe there is a data transponder for 83w?

On 83W right now, the strongest transponder is this one. For reference, the Luken tp is about SQ 50%.
11840 H 26667: SQ 73%

There are more, notably the following two, but their level is varying.
11900 V 30000: SQ 70% (varying a lot peaking at 70%; would not be good for orientation)
12100 V 30000: SQ 65% (varying a lot peaking at 65%; would not be good for orientation)

I'll try replacing the LNB with a circular one, aim it at 82W then put the original back. Then move the dish a bit to the right?

Rewriting this post since previous text didn't make sense...

If you do swap to a circular LNB to try to receive Nimiq @ 82W, remember to configure LO frequency on the receiver to match with the LNB. Typically, an LO of 11250 MHz is used with circular LNBs designed for DBS use. Also, you will only be able to receive a Nimiq transponder using 20000 SR. If it's 21500 (turbo), you won't receive it. lyngsat.com shows only two 20000 SR tp on 82W. And lyngsat may be out of date.

I'm thinking now that just trying for that strong data tp on 83W seems like a better idea than introducing the complications of trying to receive 82W.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts