83W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tracker1998

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
I have been reading for a week and trying to get this to work.
I'm at the point where I have really tried but to no avail.
I'm back where, when I get to the point where I'm ready to pull out the very little hair I have left on my head from frustration, to ask for help here.
I stay silent in the background as I'm not that good at this but know where to come for freindly help when I need it.
Here goes,,
36" motorized dish
QPH-031
CoolSat 5000
Eastern Ontario Canada
Trying to lock in 83. As far as I can tell 11.735/v/4440 is what I'm looking for.
My CoolSat 5000 doesn't have 83 on the list?
When I do a manual scan it's there. I get 87% on 12,140V, 90% on 12,160V and 65% on 11.775H. In any scan nothing comes in.
When I try to add a TP I can add 11.735, I can add V but it doesn't let me change the selection to add 4440?
When I clear everything and select "SAT" 83 is still is not there. Double Whammy!
I miss my RTN/RTV days from the 123W days!
Hope you all can help?
Tracker.

11.735/v/4440

its actually 11735 H 4440...horizontal polarity

to add a transponder to the CS5000 you need to enter the symbol rate as

They need 5 digit entries so it should show as 04.440

If you are just starting with it, I suggest loading the following file. It has all KU satellites from 72-129

I attached the loader too

Attachments

• master.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 117
  • CoolSat Pro Loader v.2.4.zip
    167.5 KB · Views: 191
A satellite will not show up in the "SAT" list until at least one channel has been scanned in.

In this case, I'll say you have three decent paths to select from:

1. Scan in the channel on 11775. There is one there, but your signal strength is a bit low. It might require a nudge of the dish. This will get 83 in your SAT list.

2. Figure out the "doesn't let me change the selection to add 4440". I believe the issue might be that you have to enter the leading zero in the symbol rate field. That is, enter 04440 for the symbol rate. *Ice got to this ahead of me*.

3. Blind scan. You are obviously on 83W. You should pick up the channels.

Hi Iceberg.
Knowing you have a 5000, I was hoping you were going to come back to me.
When I go to the box to change the 04440 it doesn't let me?
I suspect that you have given me the tools to do so as I learned from the past.
I should just have come here from the start and save myself the grief!
I will take your advise and work on it.
Thank You. Tracker

usdownlink
no, when I hit the box it just wants to scan and does not let me modify.
I think the person that had the box before me might of changed the factory bin.
I think that what iceberg sent me and that might work?
Any other input welcomed.
Tracker

Hi Iceberg.
Knowing you have a 5000, I was hoping you were going to come back to me.
When I go to the box to change the 04440 it doesn't let me?

It should allow you to add the symbol rate. You do need the leading 0 as it logs the symbol rate as a 5 digit one.

If you load that file above it has that transponder listed for 83W...that is if you have a RS232 cable to connect the 5000 to the PC

Hey, learned something new today!
I know how to enter the 04440 now

What should the pop up banner read when I find it?

From here I should be able to work at this and make it work?
Got some work ahead of me but will keep "cracking" at it.
Thanks all

Tracker

Thanks Iceberg
I'm one of those that like to do it by myself but when your stuck in quicksand a helping hand is sure nice.
I'll work at it and sure I'll work it out.
I will report then.
As I mentioned many times before, this community is the best.
No trash talk and freindly people for those who don't quite understand and are not made to feel inferior.
You run a tight ship here and have a fantastic crew. Glad to be aboard Captain!
Tracker.

glad you're here :)

The list I posted above has helped out many folks with a 5000 because the CS5000 doesnt have all the sats listed. So this list helps fill in those gaps :)

Got it pulled in.
Only @ 63% which my CoolSat does not like.
But hey! it's the fun of it!
Maybe in the morning if it doesn't snow I might get out there on the porch roof and see if I can't tweek it.
Thanks all!!!
Tracker.

Got it pulled in.
Only @ 63% which my CoolSat does not like.
But hey! it's the fun of it!
Maybe in the morning if it doesn't snow I might get out there on the porch roof and see if I can't tweek it.
Thanks all!!!
Tracker.

Tracker,

I use a Coolsat 6000 and the best I have ever gotten with RTV is 70%. This may not be the best way and is certainly not the only way, but I use the motor settings to bump the dish a little bit. Change the satellite position in the motor settings from 83.0 to something between 82.7 to 83.3 and see if the signal quality come above threshold. After you change the position, you must exit, save changes and go back into the motor settings and dish will move. Move back to the 11735 transponder in the motor settings menu to see if the quality went up or down and make any more adjustments if needed. If that does not work you may have to go to roof and get her on the arc a little better. Make sure to put the satellite position in the motor settings back to 83.0 before you adjust the dish. I get 43 to 129 on the arc.

63 is the threshold

67-68 is normal

I guess once they paid the power bill because I was up to 71...this is all in Minneapolis

63 is the threshold

67-68 is normal

I guess once they paid the power bill because I was up to 71...this is all in Minneapolis

On my 3 day old motorized DG-380 on 1.2m Dish setup, I'm getting a 75-76%Q (Coolsat 5K on Ver 004) on RTV. I must have done something extremely right then!!:D:cool:

Last edited:
I'm using a 1m dish in Port Hope and am having good reception. Last week Monday to Friday, one of the days I did not have reception due to weather, but the other 4 days fine. I have my pc auto record my shows during the week. You can always try running a second cable from your LNBF back to your receiver for you can try it connected without the motor connected. The motor may be reducing your signal just enough to cause problems. If you run a second line, you can always power off the reciver (from the power switch on the back, or pull the plug... important as to cut the power to the LNBF) and switch the line once you have motored to the position. The line direct from the LNBF to the receiver should give you a better signal.

tracker1998, where in Eastern Ontario are you located?

RTV

I have a 10 ft sami c/ku dish with a 4dtv with a satworks 3618 fta receiver . I Pickup lots of fta channels but cannot get rtv too scan in, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a 10 ft sami c/ku dish with a 4dtv with a satworks 3618 fta receiver
Took me awhile to tune my 10' Unimesh to get the RTN on 83, it ain't easy.
Start with the NBC TP: 11775 H 4232 this one should about peg the Q meter
Then a Data TP: 12160 H 30000 - no channels, but good to lock to.
Now try the RTN TP.

EDIT: Now the C Band RTN on 87 west are easy to get, but they are DVB-S2. If you really want RTN, and since you already have a BUD, that may be a good excuse to upgrade your receiver :)

Took me awhile to tune my 10' Unimesh to get the RTN on 83, it ain't easy.
Start with the NBC TP: 11775 H 4232 this one should about peg the Q meter
Then a Data TP: 12160 H 30000 - no channels, but good to lock to.
Now try the RTN TP.

EDIT: Now the C Band RTN on 87 west ?are easy to get, but they are DVB-S2. If you really want RTN, and since you already have a BUD, that may be a good excuse to upgrade your receiver :)

Can you see an improvement in video resolution on the S2 signal or is RTV basically SD?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.