87W LPBs channels Problems?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Today I started watching 87W LPBs channels and noticed that the signal is all screwy, the signal strenght flashes and goes from 0% to 63% non stop.
Some of the microHD satellite meter bars are missing during the scanning. I thought that the PBS channels problem was in another satellite (125W), not at 87W. Is anyone else having this problem, are we in the proccess of losing these PBS (LPB) at 87W and 125W.:confused:

Also have another problem, when trying to scan 125W PBS channels. I cannot scan the FTA satellite at all, I keep getting all the $ satellite channels from the Dishnet satellite even though I input all the TPs from the FTA satellite, not the TPs from the (Premium) satellite.:confused: again.

Thank You.

I have the same problem with the 87W LPBS channels. The other channels on 87W are fine.

Just my $0.02
Norman
MicroHD
Fortec 90cm
Geosatpro LNB

LPB has that issue for me and has for a long time...also very weak in the morning gets better as the day goes on. Just my guess on the PBS at 125W...I'm thinking your on the wrong sat...121W maybe?

yeah that sounds like you're on 121. There are some scrambled channels on 125W (Claro stuff) but its one transponder

yeah that sounds like you're on 121. There are some scrambled channels on 125W (Claro stuff) but its one transponder

Well, tried again and it is defenitely all the TPs from Galaxy14 (125W) not AMC21 (125W) being scanned, even though all the TPs listing is are from the AMC21 (125W) satellite, there is not a single TP from the Galaxy14 (125W) satellite being showned in the roster scanned yet all the channel scanned results are from Galaxy14.

This is very strange. Why does the microHD scans only the Galaxy14 Tps, and not the AMC21?

Thank You.

You mean you are doing a blind scan of 125W and you keep getting 121W TPs? It sounds like your motor has a lot of backlash and is pointing at 121W. I've got quite a bit of backlash in my motor now that I've been using it for several months, and have to be careful that it's pointing at the right satellite before scanning. You mentioned 87W, too. Are any of your other satellites off?

yeah the LPB channels are down I guess do to the Solar problem. I am hitting the sat as strong as ever and dont get them now. Just started today. I have never had trouble out of them.

yeah the LPB channels are down I guess do to the Solar problem. I am hitting the sat as strong as ever and dont get them now. Just started today. I have never had trouble out of them.

The "solar transit" only hits 1 satellite (maybe 2, depending on your equipment) at a time, for perhaps 20 minutes at whatever time of day depending on your location. It certainly isn't going to be happening at 10pm at night in the US.

It's just the sun gets directly behind the sat you are pointed at, and washes out the signal.

Ok, in your case for Beaumont, Texas, that would have been around 12:28pm today for 87W. If you had issues any time but around that, it wasn't because of the "Solar problem" as you called it.

Last edited:
There's a football game on 11812 H 4999 (I get LPB at 11808) so it is being pre-empted at this time (scans in as LPB MU-3 P1), which has happened before (and seems to be happening more frequently this year).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts