8PDK Board Thaught,can a Geosat pro 110c Use a 8psk Board?.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Armourplate

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Denham springs ,La
iv ben thinking of getting a 8psk Board for my geosat 1100c
Reciver for FTA? can it Take one of the Boards and what Kind of and were can i get one.?:):angel:

I've never heard of 8psk being an option with your receiver. All the receivers that I know of that have 8psk/8psk options, are HD receivers . I've never heard of one with an SD receiver . Perhaps Brian at SatAV or Sadoun will be along for a complete answer.
:)

Armourplate said:
iv ben thinking of getting a 8psk Board for my geosat 1100c
Reciver for FTA? can it Take one of the Boards and what Kind of and were can i get one.?:):angel:

8psk daughter boards are extensions of the motherboard design. The GEOSATpro DVR1100c is not capable of MPEG 2/4 HD decoding (though it can record HD channels for playback on a PC, like the Visionsat). 8psk daughterboards are not an option available for the GEOSATpro DVR1100c.

Btw..... Many importers select this mother/daughterboard design so an additional sale can be made to the end user. :(

8psk daughter boards are extensions of the motherboard design. The GEOSATpro DVR1100c is not capable of MPEG 2/4 HD decoding (though it can record HD channels for playback on a PC, like the Visionsat). 8psk daughterboards are not an option available for the GEOSATpro DVR1100c.

Btw..... Many importers select this mother/daughterboard design so an additional sale can be made to the end user. :(

Just wondering! Why isnt there a HD version of a Geosat? I own a geosat and would love to see a HD version with s2.Im finding more and more HD on satellites as time goes by.

O well, thank you for the reply to my Post on the 8psk question on my Reciver
Whats a better one to go with that is a good one for a Replacement
with the same if not better one then my Geosat dvr 1100c?

and can upgrade for the future Of sattlite TV radio?.

its a shame that thay cant make a reciver the has a
Replaceable Board with the new Mpegs /or scramblers in it
and if thayd would build it for
upgrades for the next 5years or so everybody could aford it
and it could open doors for all who want FTA and Pay tV/Radio.

Ok I may be wrong for thinking for the Long haul
of this Hobby
and the cost.
and one thaught of it, maybe if thay could build a board that could get the new Cdecs it could be done in Usb update Like the firm wear.

its Just a thaught.:angel:
Armourplate

Building a receiver with future upgrade capability may seem attractive.
However, you never know what tomorrow may bring, in terms of processor horsepower, decoder chips, or memory.
So, if a receiver has a sell-life of three years (just a guess), by the end of that time, it's probably not an attractive platform to upgrade.

edit:
What WOULD be nice, is if the damned firmware developers didn't have to re-invent the wheel with every new box!
The bugs that keep showing in new receivers are as bad as the bugs Microsoft kept bringing forward with each new release of Windows!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts