8PSK Conversion Update...

HEVC will about double MPEG-4.

Quantum codecs will infinitely increase the efficiency of bandwidth use, but will cost infinitely more.

On the eleventy third of Jupiter.

I'd guess 2017, MAYBE 2016. But that will be one S L O W rollout, I'm sure.

I'm also sure for the first year it will only be available to current Hopper customers. ;)

HEVC will about double MPEG-4.

Quantum codecs will infinitely increase the efficiency of bandwidth use, but will cost infinitely more.
So if it doubles it , and mpeg4 is 8 hd channels ,then HEVC will do 16 hd channels on a transponder, without pq issues. IS this so they can add 4k channels ,even though there aren't any that I know of yet?

I know of two 4K Channels that are ready to launch. (unfortunately I can't say who they are... but one of them claims to the the Sports Leader) ;)

I know of one more that is gearing up and could be ready to go by years end.

Almost starting off the way HD did about 15 years ago. :D

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I know of two 4K Channels that are ready to launch. (unfortunately I can't say who they are... but one of them claims to the the Sports Leader) ;)

I know of one more that is gearing up and could be ready to go by years end.

Almost starting off the way HD did about 15 years ago. :D

Scott - I know no one will say or knows for sure, but from what you have picked up in your conversations - with this space that Dish is making by converting to 8PSK, will the focus be on 4K as opposed to more HD?

I'm also sure for the first year it will only be available to current Hopper customers. ;)

Ha! I'll bet they'll reserve the best deals for VIP to Hopper/HEVC upgrades. :p
I heard it was a February 31, 2016 release date.

I don't see a smiley. Do you actually know something?
please add some more HD channels we all would apprreciate it very much :)

Man alive that sounds familiar. Did I hear that somewhere before? :D

I hear we are getting all the missing HD channels on 2/31/16. (Just don't tell Bluegrass)
is that true really scott remember directv is suppose to get the rest all of their hd channels real soon with D15 so i am hoping soon do you know when carbon ui and dish music app is coming i will keep on waiting i just started uploading all my car show and cruise night photos onto Lyve.we are suppose to that app also on dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts