8PSK module for Viewsat MaxHD doesn't work

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sanjap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2009
houston, tx
I have a viewsat MaxHD with 8psk module installed. I have a few concerns after testing this and will appreciate if someone can throw more light

1. 8PSK module doesn't seem to pick NBC DVB-S2 ( 8psk) on 103w
2. How can i make the module to work without installing third party sofware? Factory bin from Viewsat website doesn't recognise the module.
3. I love the GUI and physical appearance of this box. Actually the best in the market but the blind scan makes me angry. They should have left it out rather than fool us.
4. I am a firmware computer programmer. Is there an SDK for this box so i can try to improve the blindscan ( for free?).

Thanks,

Sanjap

As far as I know, Viewsat did not make an 8PSK board that would work for NBC, or any FTA DVB-S2 8PSK signal.
It was from a 3rd party Mfg., for use on Dish Net. HD signals, which are scrambled.

The 3rd party 8PSK modules don't work on FTA, only on the once-hackable Nagravision signals.
IMHO, Viewsat blind scan has always been less than workable, YMMV.

Actually, the 8psk board will allow you to pick up DVB-S turbo 8psk signals that are, and have been in the past, unencrypted. But that's it. It will not pick up non-turbo 8psk signals.

It will not allow you to get DVB-S2 of any type.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts