8vsb fan

If you rub the circuit board with a straightened out staple or paper clip, the fan noise will stop.

ride525 said:
If you rub the circuit board with a straightened out staple or paper clip, the fan noise will stop.

I assume you find this "technique" works better when the power is on!
;)

I tried this and it didn't work :(

However, I'm now getting Playboy & Xtsy for FREE!! :D

Cyclone said:

Or, stick said paperclip into the wall outlet and solve most of life's other problems too.

gpflepsen said:
Cyclone said:

Or, stick said paperclip into the wall outlet and solve most of life's other problems too.

Sadly, I don't think youd get the solution you are looking for. Paperclips melt quite easily, and the few milliamps you'd likely get would just piss you off. Now, do this after getting out of the shower and you'll probably find the results a little more shocking.

It's not the volts that kill, it's the amps. .1 amp can kill you. That makes it 12 watts from 120v. 12 watts dissipated (for the most part) in yourbody leaves a stiff corpse holding a pristine looking paperclip.

Also, you run the odds of 33% of hitting the one hole in the outlet plate which can harm you.

gpflepsen said:
It's not the volts that kill, it's the amps. .1 amp can kill you. That makes it 12 watts from 120v. 12 watts dissipated (for the most part) in yourbody leaves a stiff corpse holding a pristine looking paperclip.

Also, you run the odds of 33% of hitting the one hole in the outlet plate which can harm you.

I said amps

jcrash said:
gpflepsen said:

I said amps

Never said you said volts. I do take issue with you implying the paper clip would melt! :p

And ride, if you think this is degrading, you aint seen nothin' yet! :)

Saw that a few were asking about the 8VSB resistor mod, and since I was a moderator on the Home Theater Spot! when it first showed up, I went and found it. It works pretty well, but the noise is still far from gone. I still think it's a worthwhile mod, though. I did it almost 2 years ago and it's still working fine :D

Here it is http://www.hometheaterspot.com/htsthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB40&Number=188933&Forum=UBB40&Words=8vsb&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=8&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=188915&Search=true#Post188933

Hope that works!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts