9 dollar multisport

Pull the ESPN channels from the main programming packages and place them with the sports package... Then charge me less so I'm not paying for (as many) channels I don't watch!

I know Dish is worried about losing subs if they did this... But another way to think of it is there are a lot of people who don't watch them. If Direct had some good deal(s) where I did not have to pay for sports channels and it made Direct a better deal than Dish, I would switch... Dish would lose some but they also would gain a few. And best yet, it would slap ESPN (and others) into reality and make them less powerful in the price gouging.. Oh sorry, I mean, price 'negotiation.'

Pull the ESPN channels from the main programming packages and place them with the sports package... Then charge me less so I'm not paying for (as many) channels I don't watch!'

well then throw all the "wifebeater" channels and "manhater" channels in their own "PMS" package...that should lower my bill then too
See you can play that "card" for any type of programming out there...and since alacarte wont ever be a option we all have to deal with crap channels we dont want and have to pay for.

I have multisport for about 8 months for NHL Network because my other package is Dish Latino Dos which doesn't carry it. Unfortunately, multisport doesn't offer NHL Network in HD. I would like that to change. NBS Sports/Versus and GolTV would be nice too.

Found this for reference. Sure it's for 2009, hard to read, and for a cable company, but should give relative numbers for comparison:

2009_cable_subscriber_fees.jpg

Iceberg said:
well then throw all the "wifebeater" channels and "manhater" channels in their own "PMS" package...that should lower my bill then too
See you can play that "card" for any type of programming out there...and since alacarte wont ever be a option we all have to deal with crap channels we dont want and have to pay for.

Amen.

Iceberg said:

I take it I probably wouldn't walk into your home and find Lifetime or WE on? :)

The least they could do for the 2$ hike is include NHL network in HD. Never understood why only SD version is included in Multisports, while HD is only available in upper tier AT packs.

panache70 said:
The least they could do for the 2$ hike is include NHL network in HD. Never understood why only SD version is included in Multisports, while HD is only available in upper tier AT packs.

Cuz they know people that want both will pay for both.

I take it I probably wouldn't walk into your home and find Lifetime or WE on? :)

nope. They're not even in the favorite list. Directv made the decision on the Oprah Network easier. When it changed from Discovery Health to OWN the channel wasnt automatically added to the favorites :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)