9 "Free" Movies - wow.

jokeworm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Tulsa. Ok.
Well - i could not resist any longer.

I checked Best-buy tonight and noticed they had the A3 player for $149 (I have seen it $20 cheaper online .. but wanted to walk out of the store with it)

Along with the two free movies inside the box .. i could pick another two free movies from any on the shelf (up to $35 value each) .. then i get the 5 free movies via mail in rebate ...

So 9 HD movies, and a HD-DVD player for $149 ... how could i say no ?

I was looking for an upcoverting player anyway ... but why pay $75 for one of those with zero movies .. when for an extra $75 I get 9 free movies. Even if i bought a "dead" format i figure Toshiba will continue kicking long enough to bring the blu-ray players down to under $200 before they die. ... at that point - i get both players for the same price i would have paid for a blu-ray alone ...

No Brainer.

:)

Last edited:
What was amazing to me was that as soon as I put the first movie in the player and started watching .. my wife finally understood Hi-Def.

For the past 3-4 years I have been banging my head against a brick wall trying to understand why she was not able to see the obvious difference between an SD and a HD channel (We won't even start talking about the fact that she can't see the difference between "normal" and "zoom" either)

But yesterday - I started playing "300" on the new player and her first words were "Wow that's so sharp and defined"

FINALLY !!!

Thanks Toshiba for finally letting my wife in on the HD "secret"

;)

wholey crap thats awesome! lol canada sucks for that! ares in $169 and you only get the two promotional movies and the 5 free mail in! lol lucky!

What was amazing to me was that as soon as I put the first movie in the player and started watching .. my wife finally understood Hi-Def.

For the past 3-4 years I have been banging my head against a brick wall trying to understand why she was not able to see the obvious difference between an SD and a HD channel (We won't even start talking about the fact that she can't see the difference between "normal" and "zoom" either)

But yesterday - I started playing "300" on the new player and her first words were "Wow that's so sharp and defined"

FINALLY !!!

Thanks Toshiba for finally letting my wife in on the HD "secret"

;)
Maybe it wasn't Toshiba. It might have been the half-naked guys running around in HD on your tv!! :p LOL

well - last night we watched "300" .. tonight we watched "Transformers" and now all we are wondering is .. why did we wait so long to take the plunge. I suspect that before the weekend is done .. we will also have added a playstation 3 to our arsenal of Hi-Def entertainment equipment.

:)

Got you beat...$125 plus tax

I took the ad from Amazon.com into our Best Buy and they matched the current price of $125, plus I got the 2 free movies to boot. Not too shabby! Haven't tried things out yet but it should more than blow away my 4 year old Zenith Upconverting Player.

Also, has anyone had luck with buying any HD-DVDs from Europe? I've read that Region Coding is not on HD discs. There are some titles there that are only on BD here. Any thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts