905 or 922 in 2011?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brex2001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
USA
Of the 2 IRDs, which one would be more advantageous after being authorized with the abridged 7 step process that doesn't your IRD into a cable box, a 905 with AE firmware or a 922 with EC?

Both have 4096 EMM subs currently. I have a GI450i for dish mover to use with the 905.

Just mulling over how much of this I want to keep for subs & generics.:up

I would do a no brick method to both. The 905 is more of a hobby box the 922 is more idiot proof. The 905 don't have the ratings ceilings bug.

I had no intention of ruining the manual tuning capabilities of either the 905 nor the 922s(2).
The 905 became unresponsive on 2 satellites(W9 being one) attempting to search for ITC DCII channels, but I was able to reset it by returning to G1-3 before today. Best to be cautious because of this problem until after 1/5/2011 I think.
There's something in the air.

My 4DTV is sitting on W7 doing nothing. Were down to crunch time can't screw up now.

The 905 is considered a sidecar so you cant control an actuator with it (need an analog box for that) and its a DCII only box (no analog). Otherwise they're pretty much the same

The 905 would work good for a W5 only setup

The 905 is considered a sidecar so you cant control an actuator with it (need an analog box for that) and its a DCII only box (no analog). Otherwise they're pretty much the same

The 905 would work good for a W5 only setup
Quoting myself: "I have a GI450i for dish mover to use with 905." Got it covered.;)
I also have a GBox for dish moving so I'm not limited in choices.
I'm thinking I'll take a 'wait and see' approach to this change in the services now that there seem to be some doubts how this 'kill hit' came to take place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)