90cm GeoSatPro with Twin Bullet LNBF. Help..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Okay, I wouldn't think this is possible, but i was moving stuff around to make room for my 1.2m from California. So, i was trying to move one of my 90cm and obtain 97w and 93w. I have a very nice signal on 97w, and i wired everything up, and since 93w didn't have anything listed but feeds, i figured, I'd just tune off 97w and all would be good.

Well, I blind-scanned what i thought would be 93w, and it pulled in all the 95w channels!?!?!?! Granted, not very good DB levels, but all the CGTN channels and some baseball game feed which i confirmed is also on 93w.

Did i do something horribly wrong, and i wouldn't think that would be possible to pull in two degree separation birds?!!?

Im getting strong signals on 97w. I'm not in front of my receiver at the moment, but i pulled in around 250 channels. I spent quite a bit of time fine tuning and zero'd in at the highest DB level on 3 different TP's on 97w. But, i also noticed i am pulling in JBS on 97w which i know is on 99w. So, what KittyHas1000legs said has merit, but why am i pulling in 97 so strong. Ill be back to play with it tomorrow.

I have sometimes been able to get 97 and 95 together on the same LNBF (by accident), because 95 is quite powerful. So I agree with the suggestion above that maybe you're getting it at around 94W. Might be interesting to actually measure the spacing between the 2 LNBFs and do a bit of trigonometry to figure out what the spacing is in degrees

The fore/aft placement of the LNBFs affect side lobe reception. Also, if the dish is not perfectly shaped, a warped dish could affect adjacent satellite reception.

The geometry of the bullet LNBFs in the dual clamp was designed for exactly 4 degrees at the apex of the arc. The further off the apex and the distance from the equator affects the look angle distance between satellites.

In multi-satellite reception testing, I found that a traditional fixed monoblock LNBF did not perform well over the large geographic area for the 97w and 101w satellites. The reason I designed the dual clamp and bullet LNBFs was to allow independent optimization of each LNBF.

Reactions: iBoston
The fore/aft placement of the LNBFs affect side lobe reception. Also, if the dish is not perfectly shaped, a warped dish could affect adjacent satellite reception.

The geometry of the bullet LNBFs in the dual clamp was designed for exactly 4 degrees at the apex of the arc. The further off the apex and the distance from the equator affects the look angle distance between satellites.

In multi-satellite reception testing, I found that a traditional fixed monoblock LNBF did not perform well over the large geographic area for the 97w and 101w satellites. The reason I designed the dual clamp and bullet LNBFs was to allow independent optimization of each LNBF.

You said the fore/aft placement, do you mean how forward or backward the lnbf is slipped within the holder? I don't believe the dish is warped. This worked perfectly as i had the dish being utilized before for 125/121, but just moved it yesterday because 121w no longer has any FTA.

I'm gonna verify my skew, as i remember you saying that needed to be set for between the two, which should be 95w.

Ps, on a setup like this, does the pole need to be perfectly plumb?

I was going to refer you to the Glorystar manual that I wrote for the installation of the dual bracket, but the Satellite AV site link no longer points to the dual clamp manual. Maybe you could call them and ask for a PDF of the dual LNBF Glorystar Manual to be emailed or it may be archived on this site.

Yes, the fore/aft LNBF placement in the clamp is critical for the proper alignment for two satellite reception. Fore/aft positioning optimizes for the actual look angle between two target satellites for your specific location.

I was going to refer you to the Glorystar manual that I wrote for the installation of the dual bracket, but the Satellite AV site link no longer points to the dual clamp manual. Maybe you could call them and ask for a PDF of the dual LNBF Glorystar Manual to be emailed or it may be archived on this site.

Yes, the fore/aft LNBF placement in the clamp is critical for the proper alignment for two satellite reception. Fore/aft positioning optimizes for the actual look angle between two target satellites for your specific location.

Does the pole need to be perfectly plumb in this situation?

Ill need someone tomorrow to confirm a lockable signal on 93w KU so i can fine tune to it.
I think 93w Galaxy 25 is off line.Lyngsat doesn't list it offline but google search shows it was lauched in 1997 to the 97w location then later moved to 93w.Probably reached the end of its life.

I just scanned 93w and only got 1 transponder, 11875/V/5000. No channels scanned in so it is probably a data transponder. I haven't seen anything on this bird in a couple years.

Sent from my P00A using the SatelliteGuys app!

I am going to get back to work on it tomorrow. I was not in the mood to do anything today except sleep. Didn't fight it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)