91W and 97W posible

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carlospr43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
US
Now that the Aztecas are finally gone from 93W there is no need for me to keep a dish set in there. I was using the 93W to get also 97W (LNB in top). I'll like to move the 97W to another dish I have set in 91W. I did some search and found out that is posible but using the 97W as main. I want it to do it using the 91W as main. Could it be posible to do it???​

Yes. Either satellite can be placed in the center position. 6 degrees is very easy with minimal loss.

If 91W is center position, then hang the 2nd LNBF for 97W on the right side (as viewed when standing in front of the dish facing towards the reflector).

91w I 97w
--0-----0--

Yes. Either satellite can be placed in the center position. 6 degrees is very easy with minimal loss.

If 91W is center position, then hang the 2nd LNBF for 97W on the right side (as viewed when standing in front of the dish facing towards the reflector).

91w I 97w
--0-----0--

Thanks a lot!! Will go ahead. Will keep you posted!!

Are there some old oval Primestar dishes in your area? If you could find a Primestar 84e with the two lnbs you would pretty much be set, just use a 4x2 or 4x4 switch. The two lnbs are set for 6 degrees and I have mine on 91 and 97, works great with a 4x4 (the 4x2 that I salvaged with the dish and lnbs is not serviceable). The lnbs are the japanese model with separate h and v posts.
However if you need fabricate then the two lnbs are 3 inches apart (neck center to neck center).
Good luck.

The diference betwen one and the other should be like 5 or 7 cm ....
good luck...

not necessarily. It depends on dish size and location. Since the OP is in Puerto Rico he probably is using a bigger dish so the spacing is further apart

not necessarily. It depends on dish size and location. Since the OP is in Puerto Rico he probably is using a bigger dish so the spacing is further apart

I'm using a regular D1shn3t Dish, like 4' 1/2. I'm using a DMX242 with the blue conical on 91W. I have the CW's, Fx's, FMC, The Word Net, All the music channel at 3929 V and at night I usually get Fuel, Soccer. So if I'm using the blue conical there should be around 2 to 3 inches if I do the instalation side by side. Haven't try yet. I'm getting ready to go out and do it

I'm using a regular D1shn3t Dish, like 4' 1/2.
well thats not regular for us ;)

oh and no need to spell Dish wrong (or use weird characters)....we're cool here with it :)

well thats not regular for us ;)

oh and no need to spell Dish wrong (or use weird characters)....we're cool here with it :)

OK No problems!!! Piece of cake!! I did a "L" bar put it in the screw where the 2 side suporters are , (1) cycle fence clamp and voila got the beep right a way. I need to do a small finetuning to get the River broad TP, but it will have to wait till tommorrow. Now that I free one dish I'l probably go ahead and try AM6 in Ku band. Any suggestions?? I kept the 97W got rid of gal25 and got 61 additional channels from Hispasat. Thanks!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)