91W Galaxy 17 BYU HD reception

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Signal is great on the 10' reflector but I have two sites that are having trouble with this TP using 8' dishes;
one uses a C2 and the other uses a an esx-421 LNBF. Both have been working great all winter and spring until about two weeks ago. Signal started fading and went to almost total signal loss. Playing with the FD and alignment helped but only a dB or two, not enough for a solid lock. No trees or foliage in the way.
Seems to affect all the TPs on 91. Even the CW feeds are only about 50%Q and have occasional breakups in the video. Get less than 40%Q on 3965 V when it does lock, an 8psk signal requires a much better signal to be stable.

Having both setups have the same issues at the same time is interesting. Has anyone else had issues with this satellite or noticed a drop on this particular TP?

Checking cabling etc and loss looks normal between the receiver and the LNBF connection. Both use Azbox ultras, I don't suspect a receiver issue, traded with mine to make sure at one site and no difference.

on my 10' sami with a dmx c band lnbf running through a 4x8 multiswitch with pansat 9200 HD receivers on approx 175' RG-6:

91 west

3966 V 4250 66-70% quality
3921 H 26000 84% Q
3820 V 30000 73%Q
4135 H. 6960. 72Q
3890 H. 19751. 84%Q

3720H. 28800 96% Q

Tnx Truckracer, your 3966 is a bit low too and with a 10' reflector. Maybe I'll have to start looking for 10' reflectors for these sites... More work... :(
Local cable company has three nice 10' Andrews dishes I've been eying. Maybe I can borrow two of those, not sure if they are still using them.

i have an apple tree with a couple of limbs that are somewhat in the line of sight of 91w. i think i am going to move the dish so i can get a better LOS.

Had a phone call this afternoon, seems BYU is back on the original dish setups. Maybe it's weather related... or something else... Two appreciative & happy fans for sure.
:)

BYU is the weakest signal I get on that bird. It locks with like 5-10% quality however. I have a 10' winegard and it is always the weakest one I get along with DSN. Classic arts is finicky as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts