920 loses DC lock on G1-3 and other things.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Desertnight

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Up in the sky, out of the way
Two days ago, my 920 was working perfectly.

Today, I cannot pickup any channels on the western satellites usually beginning with T7 heading towards G1. . I have no DC locks on the channels that are supposed to have the green light.

First thing this morning, I planned on changing out my single C-band feedhorn and lnb with a C/ku feed horn and lnbs. I moved the dish over to G1-3 where the reach from the ladder would have been easier for switching out the feedhorns, etc.

No green DC light on G1-3. No green DC lights anywhere on this satellite. Even the analog channels on G1 would not show up. I then proceeded to check out each of the satellites heading east one by one. No green DC lights and no analog channels where they are supposed to show up.

I get to W4 satellite. Everything okay. DC green lights, etc. I move back one satellite to W1 and I get the DC green light on the channels I am supposed to get the green light. Channel 400 (Resort and Residence) comes in the clear.

I move the dish to W5 -- 603. The color bars show up which were not there when I had moved the dish west.

I bypass Anik F1 and E1 to get to T7.

BUT, when I move the dish to T7 (121W)--same ol same ol. No green lights or free channels show up.

Other items checked out: 1. connections to the receiver and at the dish.
2. Polarity is correct.
3. Unplugged 920 for 60 seconds (scary thought about whether or not the 920 would WM back up).

Other information noted: This morning the trip counter had said 75 and channel count was about 4657. After the reboot, of course, the trip counter said 0, and the channel count increased to about 4850. This afternoon, the trip counter says 8 and the channel count is 5018.

Lastly, I do have two generic satellites programmed in -- CE (over T4) and CF (over T5).

What I am thinking is: I should check the TDT now (but I am not sure what option numbers to press and which diagnostic screen to look at) and then remove the two generic satellites I have programmed in.

I don't know if the mapping in the 920 is screw loose, or what is going on. :confused: From what I have read on this forum today, "some one" out there could be messing around with the mapping, etc.

What should I do about my problem with the 920? Your thoughts? :confused:

My 922 is working perfectly. I have one subscription. The 920 does not.

Thanks!!!

I see in your sig. that the 920 and the 922 are on different dishes.Have you tried the 920 on the other dish? If not try that,if it work's than you need to check the dish for loose bolts(elevation,declination)maybe the mount moved just a hair causing the west end to be off.

Sounds like alignment issues to me. If the head shifted on the pole you will loose your western satellites. Went through that a month ago when we had 90 mph winds.

Well, it's not an alignment problem. :)

First of all, because I have two satellite receivers (922 and 920) and two satellite dishes, this is what I now tried -- is put both dishes on G1-5. Then disconnected the lnb from the 922 and connected the lnb from the 920 into the 922. Everything came in, including the IPG even though the colors on the guide were flickering. But...the guide worked.

Then I reconnected back to original and nothing came in on G1 on the 920. From this test, I learned is that the alignment of the dish is not the problem and the lnb is not the problem.

The trip counter on the 920 went down to 0 and the channel count went down to 4902. Nothing unplugged except the switch over of lnbs.

So, now I am back to having only eastern satellites and no western satellites.

Could the problem be within the receiver itself? :confused: Also, I still need to check the TDT count and would like to know how to do this.

Anyone?

To check you TDT count, by hitting Options 6,0,5. This will give you a Diagnostic A screen. Using your left arrow key, move to Diagnostic G. Look at line 1, column 5. If it is at 1920, your memory is full and you will require a master reset

After further research, I found on the SRL webbsite where rehits could be done on some other satellite locations. So, I chose W5--440. I had a DC lock on that channel. I did a rehit through their websams. Then went to G1-3. The DC light is now on and the other satellite locations seem to be coming in. More checks need to be made before I am satisfied that the receiver is not at fault.

So, since I have DC lock on G1-3, I changed out the c-band feedhorn and lnb to the c/ku feedhorn and lnbs. Now, the polarizer appears to be stuck. Got to fix that now.

Making progress and ok for now. But we shall see in a couple of days if everything will still be working.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts