921 - Another item not activated

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BCH

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Atlanta GA
This may have been discussed in another topic. If so I totally missed it.

Today I got the bright idea to connect my 921 to an ATI All In Wonder 9800 video card via an unused run (approx 50 ft) of RG-6. After becoming frustrated with no signal I finally broke down and call Dish Technical Support. To my amazement I was informed that the RF outputs on the 921 have not been activated. The Camel's back is about to be broken.

No clue what idiot told you that. I just hooked it up and got a surprisingly decent picture on Channel 3.

Did you remember to switch to SD mode? The RF & RCA outputs are NOT active in HD mode, while the DVI & component outputs are not active in SD mode.

SimpleSimon,

Thanks for the tip. You are absolutely correct concerning the change to SD mode. I have consistently received better technical assistance from this forum than from the so called paid professionals at E*.

BCH said:
SimpleSimon,

Thanks for the tip. You are absolutely correct concerning the change to SD mode. I have consistently received better technical assistance from this forum than from the so called paid professionals at E*.

Honestly....

If you talked to someone who stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, you would get better technical assistance than any CSR that I have ever spoken with at E*.

It makes no sense to me to actually pay people to give you incorrect information. This isn't government Charlie!!

I find this site most informative of any forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts