921 & delay of 1352:23 minutes???

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
That calculates to 22.5 hours of DVR space. Its gotta be a glitch. I was running 'Thinderheart' on HDNET about 20 minutes behind, the the screen pixillated and I got a huge buffer.

Somewhere around 1296 it will switch to 68 minutes but you can fast forward and review....

THe pictre pixelates just at the time it switches time signitures.

Thats wierd, Ive never had that happen on a SAT channel. It happened several times to me on OTA (KXAS), but not since we got L2.12.

I had a recording do that once, something like 89462:00. It happened recently, within the past 4 weeks. Nothiong was affected except for the time delay display.

Mine did the very same thing viewing OTA while it rained. The picture broke and I rewind the picture and when I hit pause it indicated 1352 min. I fixed it by changing channels.

Mark_AR said:
That calculates to 22.5 hours of DVR space. Its gotta be a glitch. I was running 'Thinderheart' on HDNET about 20 minutes behind, the the screen pixillated and I got a huge buffer.

Somewhere around 1296 it will switch to 68 minutes but you can fast forward and review....

THe pictre pixelates just at the time it switches time signitures.

I had something like that once and it was corruption on HD which quickly spun out of control to the point that the entire boot code was failry corrupt and the receiver did wierd things on reboot. Finally had it replaced.

It has had no ill effect on the operation so far. Changing the channel fixed it, but I thought it was weird. Got a pic of it just to prove I wasn't dreaming it. :D

I was going to take a *.mov file of the time change, but I remembered that we can't upload .mov files. No biggie.

Attachments

• P4250024.JPG
    P4250024.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 189
Mark_AR said:
Got a pic of it just to prove I wasn't dreaming it. :D

No, you for sure were not dreaming. This happens all the time on the 522, too. The time fields get corrupted somehow and give crazy numbers in the "time left" area and on the progress bar like shows in your picture. It's been like that for a LONG time on the 522, so you should prepare yourself to experience it regular on your 921 since it will probably never be addressed by E*, sorry. I'm actually surprised more people don't complain about this number thing, but I think most people don't pay close enough attention to really know what's going on with their equip. anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)