921 OTA PVR problems

Sailor

Sailor

Jan 20, 2004
HELP! :confused:

As soon as the superbowl came on (OTA-HD), I hit the record button, and the 921 prompted me for a manual recording, which I did select. When the game was over I hit stop, then selected DVR so I could go and see if that was really Janet Jackson's boob, but the DVR showed the event as being 0 (zero) minutes long. ARGGGHH!

What happened???

J

jcrash

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 26, 2003
Tulsa
Sailor said:

As soon as the superbowl came on (OTA-HD), I hit the record button, and the 921 prompted me for a manual recording, which I did select. When the game was over I hit stop, then selected DVR so I could go and see if that was really Janet Jackson's boob, but the DVR showed the event as being 0 (zero) minutes long. ARGGGHH!

What happened???

Evidently, the 921 is not proficient at OTA recordings. There has been much, er, um, discussion on this topic.

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The biggest flaw with the 921 is with the 921's handling of OTA signals.

This has happened to me as well.

S

srrobinson2

Jan 4, 2004
Sailor said:

What happened???

I had a different experience. After my timer failed to fire for the OTA HD recording, I quickly hit the record button. Once the game was over, I hit rewind or Start Over to see if I got it all, and it started at half-time. Apparently, it can't record more than two hours!!

jcd4878

jcd4878

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 12, 2004
srrobinson2 said:
I had a different experience. After my timer failed to fire for the OTA HD recording, I quickly hit the record button. Once the game was over, I hit rewind or Start Over to see if I got it all, and it started at half-time. Apparently, it can't record more than two hours!!

Thats not true. Mine recorded the Superbowl without a hitch, including the "wardrobe malfunction" I had a manual timer set for 7 hours, didn't miss a second of it. It is capable of recording at least 7 hours straight.

-Jerry