921 OTA PVR problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sailor

Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
HELP! :confused:

As soon as the superbowl came on (OTA-HD), I hit the record button, and the 921 prompted me for a manual recording, which I did select. When the game was over I hit stop, then selected DVR so I could go and see if that was really Janet Jackson's boob, but the DVR showed the event as being 0 (zero) minutes long. ARGGGHH!

What happened???

Sailor said:

As soon as the superbowl came on (OTA-HD), I hit the record button, and the 921 prompted me for a manual recording, which I did select. When the game was over I hit stop, then selected DVR so I could go and see if that was really Janet Jackson's boob, but the DVR showed the event as being 0 (zero) minutes long. ARGGGHH!

What happened???

Evidently, the 921 is not proficient at OTA recordings. There has been much, er, um, discussion on this topic.

Sailor said:

What happened???

I had a different experience. After my timer failed to fire for the OTA HD recording, I quickly hit the record button. Once the game was over, I hit rewind or Start Over to see if I got it all, and it started at half-time. Apparently, it can't record more than two hours!!

srrobinson2 said:
I had a different experience. After my timer failed to fire for the OTA HD recording, I quickly hit the record button. Once the game was over, I hit rewind or Start Over to see if I got it all, and it started at half-time. Apparently, it can't record more than two hours!!

Thats not true. Mine recorded the Superbowl without a hitch, including the "wardrobe malfunction" I had a manual timer set for 7 hours, didn't miss a second of it. It is capable of recording at least 7 hours straight.

-Jerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)