921 Q/A Hold Thread

Very kewl (just hoping that all the bugs...or at least most of them have been worked out.

Gregg

Unfortunately while they have updated they software and made portions more stable, other parts are still in need of serious work.

All the problems I showed you at my house Gregg still need to be addressed.

Ahh, so torn. Back and forth between Voom and a Dish 921 :). I wish I knew where I was on the 921 list, so I could decide if I want to call of my Voom install or not. Scott, when they release the hold, do you expect large shipments or just a little trickle?

I have no idea. I hope its a large shipment.

We have so many people waiting for these, and would love for everyone possible to get them from DishStore.NET and SatelliteGuys.US :D

Scott, can you give us a clue how long the current list is? I.e. how many people are on it? I didn't sign up that long ago, so I'd at least know worst case :)

madpoet said:
Scott, can you give us a clue how long the current list is? I.e. how many people are on it? I didn't sign up that long ago, so I'd at least know worst case :)

I don't know if this helps, but I signed up in the middle of December and am still on the waiting list. There are less than 50 people ahead of me.

bobj2004 said:
The 921 was release Three Months ago.

The price was set 6 Months ago.

Since then the 250 Meg Hard Drive price has dropped $100.

Will the lower the price once its re-released?

Doubtful, since a few have estimated that E* was losing $400 a unit ALREADY at the $999 retail price.....

beast37799 said:
how can they be loosing so much money on it if d has more for less?

How does D have "more for less"?

I know it will record more, but that is due to heavier HD compression, it is the same size hard drive. What features are different between the 921 and the upcoming HD Tivo?

Well cause $999 is lot of money for something that has some major bugs . And Tivo HD is right around the corner

ROLLTIDE said:
Well cause $999 is lot of money for something that has some major bugs . And Tivo HD is right around the corner

I'll say again I've not had major bugs since the 1.46 download. Rebooted once two wks ago Thursday when starting to record Survivor from CBS-HD on 61.5(a timer recording), but not a glitch since...very happy with it so far :)

(Note: This is my 2nd 921...first one replaced by Dish Network after finding additional hardware issues when I sent it in for the 'blue line' fix).

and remember what dish product dosent have bugs in fact what computer doesnt have bus thats why they make updates yes its true they should have had all this done before they shipped but theres nothing that can be done about that now and we dont knopw what bugs hd tivo may or may not have yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)