921 started Flashing like Crazy

L270heed-n

Update now complete. New version is L270HEED-N.

Al

Edit: I see no apparent changes in this update. Does anyone know what it's for? All I know is they didn't give me my local EPG back (not that they ever will), so they must have taken something else, or are preparing to take something else.

I think it has to do with a hardware change during the production run of the 921. Earlier units have one designation, while more recent units have the other one....

Yup - I'm on L270 now.

HECD is the original hardware version. I gt mine in Feb. '04. Later HECDs have the firewire port covered up. Current 921 production run is HEED, and has no firewire port at all. There's also differences in Boot & Flash versions, original being 120B & F051.

What changes have occurred with L270?
Is there a channel 100?
Any difference with local guide? Also specify if subcribe to locals or not.

I don't notice anything yet. No ota guide data.

I was kind of expecting to see Dish1000 be added to the point dish screen, but alas, no such animal on mine.

SatinKzo said:
I don't notice anything yet. No ota guide data.
I take it that you don't subscribe and didn't receive OTA guide data before this new release therefore no change.

jergenf said:
I take it that you don't subscribe and didn't receive OTA guide data before this new release therefore no change.

No I subscribe to dish locals. I have never had OTA guide data. It's a long story about my battle with dish on it, they sent me a replacement 921 and still no difference. I subbed to dish locals before 921 and will continue as some of my locals are a pita for OTA reception. But the ones I do get have no guide data.

Even when they made the mistake and allowed OTA guide data on the 921, I didn't get it on my 921, but my HD STB that I had at the time got the info just fine.

OK, so besides making my 921 fire 24 hours early again (the 921 tried to record Poker last night on Bravo.... um it's on Thursday. It then dropped the timer to the bottom of the action order. It also killed my Inside the NFL timer since I had another timer active and the receiver thought there were three timers active and just dumped out of trying to record the HBO channel), did the new update actually DO anything? I can't find anything that changed.

Dpp ?

Benefit Concert to air on Dish Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)