921 started Flashing like Crazy

Bob,
With the old software did the timer get moved to the bottom of the action order or is this a different response?

Perhaps this is an indication that "Next Time" the timer will fire correctly.
(one can hope)

I had to completely delete and recreate my timers to get them to fire correctly with 2.19. No timers schedule until this weekend, so we'll see what 2.70 does.

Not sure what it means but here it is. :)

* low-level system changes
* fix for 4x FF trick modes acting like skip ahead
* Blacked-out event pop-up message changes (text and navigation)

And they've screwed up again.

As I already posted, I'm getting the blacked out message when I shouldn't, and now single-frame forward skips bunches of frames - proven by watching in 1/15th forward speed.

I'm not sure what that means. What is the benefit of Channel 100 and Dish1000?
I do have OTA guide data, I thought everyone had that, mapped from Sat Local Channels.
I have an OTA antenna, works great?
I occasionally have problems with the screen black box and getting stuck in zoom but I'll live with it until the next gen HD technology I guess.

This update moved my picture. White line runs on the top of the screen because the picture does not reach the top. Screen is moved up to the max in preferences menu. 921 is lockong up all the time now, feel like I spend more time rebooting than watching tv. Had relatively little problems with this unit when I first got it about one year ago, and wondered what all the complaining was about. Ever since they screwed with things to "repair" the problem that I was getting a free OTA guide - nothing but more and more problems. My bill is also $5 more per month now b/c they had to add the sd networks to temporarily "fix" the ota guide problems, then left me with the choice of losing the guide if I get rid of them. (I get perfect OTA HD from all networks and have no use for dish locals) Why couldn't they just leave it alone!!!!!!!

charanis said:
I'm not sure what that means. What is the benefit of Channel 100 and Dish1000? .
Channel 100 is OpenTV an interactive feature that many other receivers have.
It's somewhat simular to menu-9 (weather and games) but has many more features. It is rumored that OpenTV will be available by year end for the 921.

Dish1000 is a new dish that gets 3 satellites (129,119,110) with one dish. The software will need to be updated to allow you to enter in your zip and get azimyth. elevation and skew values for that dish.
charanis said:
I do have OTA guide data, I thought everyone had that, mapped from Sat Local Channels. .
Only people that subscribe to locals are getting data remapped to OTA locals and in some cases still are experiencing missing data. If you are not subscribed to LiLs and getting guide data then you are among the lucky few. Don't expect that forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)