922 beta Program

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Honestly at this point you are better off with a stand along Slingbox.

Scott,
Are you saying that based on cost, timing or outstanding issues (I understand the last two go hand in hand)
I currently have a 622 hooked to my projector. I have a 522 connected to the rest of my TV's (all SD)
I'm waiting for the 922 (replcing the 522) to invest in a HD LCD for the bedroom. I'm excited about the extra storage and the slingbox feature (I love being able to sched stuff remotely on the 622 already)

Still hoping for a holiday release, but the longer it takes the cheaper my TV will be

So far (and remember this is just beta software) the Sling portion of the 922 leaves a lot to be desired.

First off it does not appear to be using Slingbox Pro HD technology. It only outputs in SD resolution and the PQ so far I dont believe is as good as a stand alone Slingbox.

Also it only outputs in 4x3 video mode, meaning the sides of your HD video is cut off (see the example picture below)

I am a Sling LOVER, I own 6 of them, and at the moment the 922 does not provide the true Sling experiance.

But in saying this again let me remind folks this is beta software, hopefully it gets better before its released. :)

Attachments

• 922hd.jpg
    922hd.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 294
So far (and remember this is just beta software) the Sling portion of the 922 leaves a lot to be desired.

First off it does not appear to be using Slingbox Pro HD technology. It only outputs in SD resolution and the PQ so far I dont believe is as good as a stand alone Slingbox.

Also it only outputs in 4x3 video mode, meaning the sides of your HD video is cut off (see the example picture below)

I am a Sling LOVER, I own 6 of them, and at the moment the 922 does not provide the true Sling experiance.

But in saying this again let me remind folks this is beta software, hopefully it gets better before its released. :)
Scott, did E* redesign the remote and remove the touchpad and it now has number keys and a dpad and looks like what shows in your attached picture? Or is that only for the 'onscreen/online' representation of the remote?

I have been busy at the office but got a chance to play with the 922 a bit last night and tonight, and the new software is a big improvement, but the unit still has a long way to go.

Don't know if anyone reported this but in the web browser there is now a onscreen keyboard which lets you browse the web. The keyboard is nice, but the internet speeds are SLOW (and I got a 20 MB connection here.) its almost like using Web tv again thats how slow it is. Also with no flash you cant really do to much on the internet. I would like to be able to watch Youtube videos on my TV, but can't with the 922.

It has come a long way, but IMHO it still has a way to go before it can be released.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts