922 DLNA How to?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nevarDeath

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
OK
Are there any how-tos on DLNA streaming with the 922 around?

I have Windows Media Player running on my windows 7 laptop and can see and listen to all my music just fine. When I select "All Videos" it only shows one video, and it's from my video camera. The weird thing is there's probably 50 videos from my camera and that's the only one that shows up.

None of my DiVX movies show up at all. I checked through all the options on the computer. When I select folders on my 922, it just doesn't show any video files. Will the 922 only recognize certain filetypes? I thought the host machine decoded the video and streamed it to the device. Am I wrong?

Any help would be appreciated as this is the last step in making my 922 my total media center :)

I don't know exactly what file types are supported - but I do know that DLNA devices decode themselves (not the PC). I dont think I've ever tested using my 922 as my media server, but I just did and you are right. Pretty disappointing. No videos show at all.

My DVD player (Oppo 93) can see anything that is MPEG4 I believe. I've even got some videos that are coded for my iphone, android and Touchpad (not sure wht those formats are either). Now you've got me wondering exactly what format it is actually looking for. (My receiver and TV also are able to see at least SOME of my media - so I've never really noticed/missed that function of the DVR)

Are there any how-tos on DLNA streaming with the 922 around?

I have Windows Media Player running on my windows 7 laptop and can see and listen to all my music just fine. When I select "All Videos" it only shows one video, and it's from my video camera. The weird thing is there's probably 50 videos from my camera and that's the only one that shows up.

None of my DiVX movies show up at all. I checked through all the options on the computer. When I select folders on my 922, it just doesn't show any video files. Will the 922 only recognize certain filetypes? I thought the host machine decoded the video and streamed it to the device. Am I wrong?

Any help would be appreciated as this is the last step in making my 922 my total media center :)

I'm sure the 922 doesn't have DIVX support... Also I'm not clear on how Media Player shares files because I don't use it for sharing. I use TVersity to share to my PS3. Of course the PS3 supports DIVX, as well as MP3's etc. But if there is a format that the PS3 doesn't support, TVersity has a decoder built in to "transcode" at the time of streaming. You may want to give that a try and see if it will transcode a DIVX file before sending to the 922.

This thread is a little old, but I figured I'd reply anyway. I finally got videos to work on the 922 using DLNA so maybe this will help the OP or another person who stumbles across this thread.

I use Nero MediaHome 4 as my server. I convert all my videos to MPEG2 and they work perfectly. The only bummer about DLNA on the 922 is that there isn't any rewind or fast forward feature (at least as far as I can tell). You can pause the video though. I looked it up and MPEG2 requires no transcoding by the media server. For conversion, I use WinAVI.

I already have a DVD player with DivX, but it has no USB port. I'm just going to get another DivX DVD player with a USB port so I can simply put my videos on a USB drive and avoid the hassle. In the meantime though the DLNA feature for videos will get me by. The main thing I use the DLNA feature for is to stream music to my living room from my PC. That way I can listen to my own collection instead of that dreadful Sirius that plays the same songs OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)