922 Gone?

You might be able to get a refurb 922 but afaik they don't make them anymore.Also for new subs they seem to prefer setting them up with the hopper.

I am being offered 3 922's to upgrade my 2 722's & 1 622 (free upgrade) I have also been offered a Hopper & Joey solution (not free). I don't care about the PTAT and am a bit disturbed about losing the OTA tuner. Any thoughts from anyone who has had both?

craigroe said:
I am being offered 3 922's to upgrade my 2 722's & 1 622 (free upgrade) I have also been offered a Hopper & Joey solution (not free). I don't care about the PTAT and am a bit disturbed about losing the OTA tuner. Any thoughts from anyone who has had both?

I went from 722 to 922 and now have the hopper. I found the lack of support for the 922 disgracefull. Lots of potential, but no follow through. I love the hopper, but ota is not an issue for me. Choice it's yours, but I prefer to have a system that is regularly updated and not on the back burner.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I went from 722 to 922 and now have the hopper. I found the lack of support for the 922 disgracefull. Lots of potential, but no follow through. I love the hopper, but ota is not an issue for me. Choice it's yours, but I prefer to have a system that is regularly updated and not on the back burner.

Thanks - that is the way I am beginning to lean. OTA is probably not as big an issue as I am making it since I do get my big 4 from Dish. I will probably opt for the Hopper.

If OTA is a concern just wait for OTA to be released for Hopper. If you upgrade to 922 not only are the fees high but it will make upgrading to Hopper even costlier in the future.

thechaz05 said:

I am giving up on my 922. Too many annoying problems. Black screen of death, guide not updating, won't stay in solo mode, reboots that take forever..... Moving to the Hopper.

joekawasaki said:
I am giving up on my 922. Too many annoying problems. Black screen of death, guide not updating, won't stay in solo mode, reboots that take forever..... Moving to the Hopper.

Good decision. :)

So how long was the 922 out maybe 5 months? Kinda crazy. I would use Sling more than the OTA but would like that as well. After all the nonsense Dish has put me through i am thinking about going to Direct anyways. How much HD space did the 922 offer? I think the Hopper was at 2T. Did either have Wifi connection?

My 922 has been performing VERY WELL for over a year. Wheewww! I know I am a lucky person. As much as I do like the 922 and DO USE the OTA quite a bit not just to avoid conflicts but to record digital multiplex channels such as Antenna TV and MgHz World, I do NOT like the high box fee for the 922 nor my 722K, and I really want a whole home DVR solution. I WILL be shifting to the Hopper, but I have to get my personal life in order to set a day for installation, which probably won't be for several weeks.

So, although the 922 has been a very positive experience for us, the Hopper does have its advantages and LOWER monthly costs even with Joey's in our other rooms, I still save $$$.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)