pixels and loss of signal

spoiler1041

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Fl
Dish has come out to check on network reports from my receiver of low signal strength. The tech said everything checked out fine but every time we get a little cloud cover I get pixelation and if I get slight rain I get signal loss.

The tech is coming out again but it would seem I need to direct him to the solution (since he didn't find it the first time), any ideas what he should be doing?????

Thanks

Have him PHYSICALLY confirm that your reflector is aimed at the sats properly. What you've described sure sounds like a re-point of the reflector is all that is needed. However, it is NOT always an easy matter to achieve in some installations. It depends upon the the quality and experience of the HUMAN doing the pointing even if they are using a Birdog or other Sat Signal Meter.

If not the reflector, there could be a loss of signal somewhere along the chain to your TV. Confirm RG6 for all cables. Connections should be compression connections for all cables, no crimping as that does introduce signal loss. No unnecessary extra lengths of cable like 30ft coiled by the reflector as one example due to lazy install as I have seen. He would need to test or even replace suspected equipment if not the reflector poorly pointed. It would help if you could tell him if this problem exists on ALL your TV's or only certain TV's in your system and IF only certain channels as that could help him diagnose a bad LNBF.

Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)