922 in limbo every morning

AIsmail

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
Stewartsville, NJ
So I've come to find my 922 in a state of limbo every morning around the same time. I turn the tv on to find the little green arrow somewhere on a blank screen. I push butttons on the remote and nothing happens. In a short while the "start up" screen comes up and then I'm good to go. Any ideas? I find it very odd that it happens as often as it does. My unit is on top of a completely open audio rack so its not an issue with overheating. Thanks in advance.

Mine does the same thing, only I usually turn it on at night. I believe it's working fine as I can make remote connections and scheduled recordings are being recorded. Personally I think it's some type of HDMI issue as it only happens when I turn on the receiver and TV.

It is the unit rebooting every night to pick up the new guide as well as any firmware update. You can change the time it does this by going to menu settings, updates and set the time you want the 922 box to update. If you check this setting you would notice that the daly update is the same as the limbo time your unit goes into.

I checked the update time and its set for 3 am so I don't think it would still be updating at 8 am. I may just chalk it up to the 922 being the 922.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts