922 locks up randomly when pressing guide button

krauser1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I've noticed recently, more and more often that I've had to reboot my receiver because when I press guide, the small tv displays the channel im watching as it would with the guide showing, but there is no guide, and I can't do anything until I reboot it.

Weird part is, while the small box displays the channel I'm watching with audio and video, I can change channels. But still, the small box stays as is with no guide, just a black screen.

Anyone out there with a 922 have this issue? Is there any known remedy?

Thanks!

I have had this happen a few times and the reset works. Seems like a daily reset is needed for smooth operation, even though it does it's nightly update. The 922 had sip much potential, too bad dish does not seem interested in making it right.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Yes indeed. The reset button works. I'm just tired of resetting my 922 every other day.

Maybe Dish will give us another software update (surprise maybe?)

Oh I know, gets real old real fast especially when you always have something recording like I do. I wish they would but only if it it's to add apps and fix all the connection issues I have with vod and sling and the issue with missing dvr title pictures. Of course it usually makes something else not work right.

I am beginning to wonder if they took out the nightly reboot. It really seems to need a reset button 1-2x/week now. It used to reboot at night, but I have not taken the time to see what it is doing at the reboot time.

I've noticed recently, more and more often that I've had to reboot my receiver because when I press guide, the small tv displays the channel im watching as it would with the guide showing, but there is no guide, and I can't do anything until I reboot it.

Weird part is, while the small box displays the channel I'm watching with audio and video, I can change channels. But still, the small box stays as is with no guide, just a black screen.

Anyone out there with a 922 have this issue? Is there any known remedy?

Thanks!

You can go into Menu/Settings/Diagnostics/Counters check your temperatures,especially your average temperature.It also matters when your guide and logos download you can find that also in Counters.It would also interest me what it says on your 922 back label,China or India.Do you have the MT2 Module installed?.If your 922 is in a cubbyhole in your entertainment center you can try to place your 922 in a more open area as these 922 with the MT2 can get Hot!.If all else fails contact DISH Tech Support they may recommend replacement.Good Luck!:)

You can go into Menu/Settings/Diagnostics/Counters check your temperatures,especially your average temperature.It also matters when your guide and logos download you can find that also in Counters.It would also interest me what it says on your 922 back label,China or India.Do you have the MT2 Module installed?.If your 922 is in a cubbyhole in your entertainment center you can try to place your 922 in a more open area as these 922 with the MT2 can get Hot!.If all else fails contact DISH Tech Support they may recommend replacement.Good Luck!:)

Thank you Jhon. I've never looked at the average temp, I'll check that out tonight. My 922 is in a cabinet, although it's ventilated well. It also has the OTA tuner installed, but I no longer use it. I only used the OTA tuner when Dish had a dispute with one of my locals and they sent it for free. I'm now wondering if I should remove it and see if that helps....hmmm...good info! I'll report back this evening.

OK- Highest temp: 132, average 122. Seems to be the norm. I think if this happens again I will take the MT2 out since I don't use it anymore. I'll then report back any new info after removing the MT2.

krauser1 said:
OK- Highest temp: 132, average 122. Seems to be the norm. I think if this happens again I will take the MT2 out since I don't use it anymore. I'll then report back any new info after removing the MT2.

Checked mine and it was high if 131 and average 111. I also noticed a mini watchdog was shown. Not sure if that means anything.

122 for the average is not bad,mine when it was in my entertainment cubbyhole was averaging 128,once I took it out and placed it on top it went down to 120 and has stayed there since.I would not take out the MT2,for one the best HD PQ is from the MT2,plus with it you can record 4 programs at one time(2SAT+2OTA) while watching a prerecorded program.I really like mine it keeps the conflicts down to a minimum.:)

I thought you might be having a overheat issue,but now I would not think so.like I said before if it gets too bad call DISH Tech Support see what they recommend.Good Luck!:)

I can verify the 922 without the MT2 runs a little cooler.

On another note something keeps telling me it maybe a harddrive issue,but if it was DISH Tech Support would confirm that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts