922 no conflict?

Socalcracker

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Temecula ca
I have been having problems with recordings ending prematurely or being split into multiple "icons" for a single episode. Some, maybe many of these recordings were scheduled using iPhone software during the time of the server problems, so for now, I only schedule recordings using my real remote. Also I never get any indication of conflicts. Tonight I have three scheduled events: fringe, kttv, 9-10, csi kcbs, 8:59-10, and the mentalist, kcbs, 10-11. Which of these should I expect to see recorded tomorrow morning. Will it matter if my husband is watching another channel during this time?

Problems with recordings ending prematurely or being split into multiple "icons" for a single episode. Is exactly what we have been experiencing as well. An episode of Bones was supposed to record for an hour and five minutes, total record was 51 seconds. The record history screen, stated that it recorded for the hour and five. Mentalist was given three icons while it was being recorded with the same information for each icon.

That is exactly what I have been seeing (see my SBT Reboot Thread). If you go back and look at the daily schedule for the event, does it show "Stopped by STB Reboot"?

Last edited:
The 922 is self aware. It makes decisions based on posts from SatelliteGuys.US.

It is depressed and sad, because no one speaks nicely of it, therefore, it punishes users.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

You think this may be a hardware issue? Seems like there would be lots of threads on this if it were a software bug. Have you called Dish? At least with a 922, you'll get a better trained script reader.

Yes losing recordings as well, same symptoms as reported above. I set a lot of recordings when the new shows come out and then determine which timers/shows to delete or watch for the season. What is particularly annoying is having to go back thru the scheduled recordings and compare it to what was recorded, to see what was missed.

I then watch whatever was missed on Hulu. Quickly coming to the conclusion Hulu is a better option then Dish.

Yes losing recordings as well, same symptoms as reported above. I set a lot of recordings when the new shows come out and then determine which timers/shows to delete or watch for the season. What is particularly annoying is having to go back thru the scheduled recordings and compare it to what was recorded, to see what was missed.

I then watch whatever was missed on Hulu. Quickly coming to the conclusion Hulu is a better option then Dish.

That is exactly what my wife says when one of her shows doesn't record properly. The sad this is that I'm paying more than $125 for Dish service. My daughter has FIOS and says that she just uses their "view on demand option".

I recommend that everyone pulls the plug on their 922 and reboot it prior to the prime time schedule hits. This will clean up most problems and you should be able to record most of your shows fine. I had to do this daily with my old 921 pvr and now I am having to do the same with the 922, to ensure that all my shows get recorded. I think the new 922 is nothing more than the old 921 with a new outside box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts