• Dish Dropping Disney HD and ESPN News HD

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • The New Receiver fees

Votes: 87 68.5%
  • Dish Won't add ESPNU HD or AMC HD

Votes: 13 10.2%

• Total voters
I am not leaving DISH.

I've tried the other satellite company , and it is not all that it's cracked up to be. Try canceling and see the kind of hell you go through with DIRECTV. As for Time Warner cable, I will use their internet ,because it is the fastest option in my area. But I will not use them for video , the pq is not up to par and neither is their dvrs.

DISH fits my needs with 2 ota tuners and 2 sat tuners in one receiver. I can record 4 network shows at a time and the distants from AAD is there for any other conflicts I might have. So top 200+ FREE hd for life /HBO&Showtime/Platinum pack fits my family's needs just fine. The additional receiver fees are too excessive and they definitely need to be changed ,because they WILL lead to more churn . But I have got around them by adding two 211ks with external hard drives to turn them into dvrs. So I now have hd on all 4 tvs in my house : Main tv by hdmi & computer room by componet using my 922/ 211k in master bedroom /211k in boy's room.

There is no option for "I'm not leaving" because that wasn't the question asked in the poll. I suggest that everyone who is happy with their service just ignore the thread. Those who aren't can answer the poll. :) Though I would add "other" to catch those leaving for the myriad other reasons one would "quit" Dish

Where is , because of the price increases as well as the channel drops, and Extra Receiver fee's are crazy?

These are the reasons I left.

So I guess I can't Vote.
Since the DVR fee, isn't really the main reason I left.
Neither is Absolute, Disney or Espnews.

Bang for buck. DirecTV offered me far more for about the same money (when promos end) I was going to be paying Dish. Not to mention that I have discounts for 24 months that make it much cheaper until then.

Sorry but this poll is not so much a list of reasons for leaving Dish Network, These are just some of the little things that make the reasons.

A reason would be
  • Multiple Price increases
  • Poor HD Sports Coverage
  • Channel Drops
  • Random Fee increases
  • Lawsuits
  • Sling Media
  • Channels moving to Higher priced Base packs
  • 3 HD Rooms /Receiver Max Leased
  • $15 return Charges
  • Downgrading charges

I can say why I am staying with Dish.

Better value than competition
Better DVR then competition
More HD channels that I'm interested in
More honest commercials
Great promotions I've been offered (Three months free HBO/Starz, Three months free HBO/Showtime, HD free for life, Club Dish)

I can say why I am staying with Dish.

Better value than competition
Better DVR then competition
More HD channels that I'm interested in
More honest commercials
Great promotions I've been offered (Three months free HBO/Starz, Three months free HBO/Showtime, HD free for life, Club Dish)

:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up

I'm staying but if I was to leave, the last one of them not having ESPNU in HD would be enough to spark my interest in leaving. Can't stand the fact that they can't just find some way to offer a extra pay per month for just one channel. I'd be willing to pay another $1 or $2 per month for just that one channel.

I'm staying but if I was to leave, the last one of them not having ESPNU in HD would be enough to spark my interest in leaving. Can't stand the fact that they can't just find some way to offer a extra pay per month for just one channel. I'd be willing to pay another $1 or $2 per month for just that one channel.

The trouble is that ABC/ESPN demands that every subscriber pay that extra money whether they watch sports or not. There are a bunch of subs that don't want to subsidize your, and mine, viewing habits....

The trouble is that ABC/ESPN demands that every subscriber pay that extra money whether they watch sports or not. There are a bunch of subs that don't want to subsidize your, and mine, viewing habits....

Feds need to pass law elminating the want milk? MUST buy cookies:(

Of course congress is bought and sold by big business, so that isnt going to happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)