Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Dish Dropping Disney HD and ESPN News HD

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • The New Receiver fees

Votes: 87 68.5%
  • Dish Won't add ESPNU HD or AMC HD

Votes: 13 10.2%

• Total voters
I'm staying but if I was to leave, the last one of them not having ESPNU in HD would be enough to spark my interest in leaving. Can't stand the fact that they can't just find some way to offer a extra pay per month for just one channel. I'd be willing to pay another $1 or $2 per month for just that one channel.

The trouble is that ABC/ESPN demands that every subscriber pay that extra money whether they watch sports or not. There are a bunch of subs that don't want to subsidize your, and mine, viewing habits....

Feds need to pass law elminating the want milk? MUST buy cookies:(

Of course congress is bought and sold by big business, so that isnt going to happen

If you wrote something coherent and in passable English I might be able to discern what your comments have to do with anything that you commented on. You know better than to bring politics into any of our conversations as well.

I left for a combination of reasons, The lack of HD sports of full time RSN's. For instance tonight CCSN had not only full tilt poker on in hd, but they also had a full game of HS Baseball from Petco Park in HD, (Aflack All American Classic) All on in HD. Not to mention the normal sports night type of shows that are on in hd as well. I know this beause I'm watching the baseball right now on in HD. If I was a dish network coustomer, I would be missing out on this programming that was paid for by my HD fee (now free) and its included in the package I paid for (AEP) Also, replays of the games are on in HD, All missing from dish's lineup.

Comparing the packages, (dish, comcast, D*) By the time you add up all the fees, they all came out to virtally the same price. Dish was only cheaper by a buck, and I dont have to mess with the hassle of if my game is on or not. I dont have to mess with the hassle of getting channels yanked left and right or the threat of it.

The reciver fees, really didnt affect me, but the channels yanked, did! There was no alternative HD programming offered, No Sprout, nothing. It was like we dont care... When dish was dropping weather, they atleast did weather cast in HD.

I'm finally getting my HD local channels tomorrow after a technician switches me to EA. Why would I leave now, especially since D* doesn't yet offer HD locals?

I would have been interested in seeing the poll results if there had been an "I'm not leaving" option.

in any case we are a unique group of customers, largely techie high end type

but Es stupidity caused them to shrink a lot, and that will likely continue

Hi all, I was out of contract when the news of Dish discontinuing the Absolute package was posted. That got me thinking of what other packages might work well for me and after checking all that Dish offers I thought the Dish America HD package would work but found the web site listing confusing. If you select the America HD package and try to see what it contains you get redirected to the Top 120 package with the HD channels for that package listed so I assumed the channels for the America HD and the Top 120 HD were the same. I really wanted the Fox News channel so I made the change online only to find out later that the FNC was not in the America HD package. Now I really can't find a fit that works with my budget.

I was also not happy with the Dish ViP 222 receiver but Dish will not let me change it without signing another two years so I started to think why not just cancel and start over.

Took a look at what Directv offers but they are too pricey for me. Looks like the best deal I can get that has all of the channels I like comes from my local cable company. They have a bundle with HS Internet and HD TV package that beats anything else I can find. Still not sure I'm going with the cable offer yet. I live in an area that has excellent OTA service and might just do without the pay subscription service.

Later, DC

I am staying. I have had Dish for 2 years now, had Comcast HD DVR, Dish is so much better. Comcast's HD DVRs were utter crap, same base as their non DVR boxes, and same clunky GUI as thier SD boxes. My 722 from Dish can run circles around the Comcast HD DVR boxes. Expandable storage? Not with Comcast. They still hand out the same HD DVR I had from them years ago. JUST starting to roll out TIVO GUI in New England... only for Triple Play HD subscribers for $10 more a month.

As for price increases and fee increases, every provider is going to do that. I kept basic cable when I left because back when I quit "Basic Cable" + Internet was about $15 cheaper than just Internet. I checked it again last month and dropped Basic Cable and saved myself $10 or so... it no longer is cheaper to have both vs have only one. Way to go Comcrap.

I am staying. I have had Dish for 2 years now, had Comcast HD DVR, Dish is so much better. Comcast's HD DVRs were utter crap, same base as their non DVR boxes, and same clunky GUI as thier SD boxes. My 722 from Dish can run circles around the Comcast HD DVR boxes. Expandable storage? Not with Comcast. They still hand out the same HD DVR I had from them years ago. JUST starting to roll out TIVO GUI in New England... only for Triple Play HD subscribers for $10 more a month.

As for price increases and fee increases, every provider is going to do that. I kept basic cable when I left because back when I quit "Basic Cable" + Internet was about $15 cheaper than just Internet. I checked it again last month and dropped Basic Cable and saved myself $10 or so... it no longer is cheaper to have both vs have only one. Way to go Comcrap.
have to disagree with you there. i just switched from dish to comcast and had a 722 and got a DCX3400 from comcast which has been out about 1 year now. sure the 722 is nicer but not by as much as you are claiming. you are talking about 2 years ago, comcast has lowered there prices and have newer DVR than when you was with them

There is no option for
"I'm not leaving" because that wasn't the question asked in the poll. I suggest that everyone who is happy with their service just ignore the thread. Those who aren't can answer the poll. :) Though I would add "other" to catch those leaving for the myriad other reasons one would "quit" Dish

How about under contract and not happy...not cancelling yet. Deciding on Frontier vs. Dish vs. Roku for baseball. BTW where can others get AT250/200 at $15 off. That is quite nice, you cannot do better. I will drop AAD first at the end of the month.

none of those choices... moved to an apartment where dish is not possible. Had I not done this I'd probably take their american HD just to run out my contract... I'm not gonna pay extra for TV I don't use it enough. Mediacom offered me internet and HD cable for 60 bucks for a year and 80 the second year... pretty good deal in my opinion so I bit.

have to disagree with you there. i just switched from dish to comcast and had a 722 and got a DCX3400 from comcast which has been out about 1 year now. sure the 722 is nicer but not by as much as you are claiming. you are talking about 2 years ago, comcast has lowered there prices and have newer DVR than when you was with them

Well thats good. I was basing the "still have same boxes" on a Google search for "Comcast HD DVR" and going to Comcast DVR and HD-DVR Service | Prices and Costs | Recorders And the DCX3400 sounds like the DCT3412 I tried before I left them. I've had their 34xx's and 64xx's

Question why is Dish Network doing all of this to lose customers?

Pure beancounter move to raise revenue. I guess they calculated E will makew more money with fewer subs......

Theres a chart of price vs profit the business ideal is maximise profit while keeping as much business as possible.

But I think the beancounters have crossed over the edge of the sub cliff. its possible churn will cost them big time........

I sure hope so or every provider will be jacking up fees etc, to make more money.

E led the way in so much I hope this effort falls flat!

"Unhappy ... considering my options" should be a choice. :(

Dish *used* to be the best value for me, but with the new receiver fees and programming increase they are comparable with DirecTV and Comcast. Now I love the Dish DVRs, but the lack of Comcast-Philly (not really Dish's fault) and missing HD RSN and MLB EI are pushing me to other alternatives.

The one thing about Dish that always annoyed me was how Charlie comes up with multitudes of different plans and promotions, constantly changing the rules (receiver fees), adding promotions (free HD for Life) and then dropping them (Absolute, Dish Family). Seems like a shell game to me. I guess he makes more money off confused customers.

"Unhappy ... considering my options" should be a choice. :(

Dish *used* to be the best value for me, but with the new receiver fees and programming increase they are comparable with DirecTV and Comcast. Now I love the Dish DVRs, but the lack of Comcast-Philly (not really Dish's fault) and missing HD RSN and MLB EI are pushing me to other alternatives.

The one thing about Dish that always annoyed me was how Charlie comes up with multitudes of different plans and promotions, constantly changing the rules (receiver fees), adding promotions (free HD for Life) and then dropping them (Absolute, Dish Family). Seems like a shell game to me. I guess he makes more money off confused customers.
if extra innings is important to you go with direct TV as comcast only gives standard definition for most of the games and only has HD for about 2 games a day.

One you should add is that Charlie is a complete IDIOT!!!!

Amen . Mr Personality ! What a lying jackass . And rates continue to rise . They are losing me tomorrow over $ 6.00 ! I had the Everything Pack . Got it a couple of years ago so I would not have to pay the DVR fee . They started charging me back in February . I did not notice until July . Guess they do not believe in Grandfather clauses . They changed my contract ! I changed nothing . I argued with them about it . They let me leave over a $ 6.00 a month fee . Seems more important to lose a customer than to lose $ 6.00 a month . They were always good about things and trying to keep customers when you have a complaint ....until now . They just wanted to know where to ship the boxes for me to put their equipment in and send it back . I have never liked Ergen or his VP . They continue to raise rates about every year . What I am getting elsewhere is costing me about the same . I have been with Dish for 13 years ! OH ... After I told them to cancel me , I get 2 free order movie coupons in the mail ! LOL . The way they do business is sad . And now Ergen has taken to the airwaves himself . That is soooo funny . The worst personality of anyone in this world and HE decides in his arrogance that HE should be the one to make commercials ! That is just too funny ! After 13 years and a $6.00 a month new fee , they let me walk . Good business sense huh ?:cool: Thank you for the poll . Nice to be able to share why I am leaving . One other thing you might find interesting . After all of that , I call and tell them my neighbor would like to have my equipment and keep everything I have , programming wise , and just switch it over in his name . They told me I had to return the equipment . OMG are you serious ? Just so you can waste an installers valuable time to come right back out here to give my neighbor two receivers ? LMAO ! You rock Ergen ! Great job ! LMAO . And now my neighbor is going with me to the OTHER programmer . Ha ! They lost 2 customers due to stupidity . I could go on about compression and other things but , I put up with their crap until the $ 6.00 fee was discovered . Draw your own conclusion as to what you would do . We are all different and the principle here is very important . Full time customer or waive the $ 6.00 fee ? Hmmm . I know what I would do in this case if I was the company president . Remember , I had the Everything pack so I did not have to pay the fee to start with . Instead of calling them common thieves , I just choose to state the obvious ...They are idiots !:cool: :hatsoff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts