Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Dish Dropping Disney HD and ESPN News HD

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • The New Receiver fees

Votes: 87 68.5%
  • Dish Won't add ESPNU HD or AMC HD

Votes: 13 10.2%

• Total voters
Heck, I just left Directv and switched to Dish. The only thing I can complain about is the poorly programmed DVR software. I guess I was spoiled by the HR21 that I used to have with Directv. I'll get over it as soon as I get a new remote for the main TV that has the buttons in the right place for my brain.

• Old equipment
  • New Equipment
  • 7 year itch
  • board
  • whole house hd dvr
  • TV internet connection
  • Referral discount
  • No attractive incentive to stay

I'm staying cause Dish still has Absolute and D* can't touch that price.
Nervermind D* still doesn't now how to make a HD DVR. :eek:

I have no problem with Dish other than their sports programming which truly sucks. Tired of missing the 1st 3 innings of baseball games, searching for the HD games on alternate channels, and games in SD that are in HD with everyone else. I will be leaving Dish next year before the start of the college football season and switch to Comcast (who I really don't like, but they have what I want). I only have cable/sat for sports and mainly college football. I'll take Comcast's intro package for 6 months and do without for 6 and then start again in the late summer for another 6 again at the intro price (unless they put a stop to it). It'll save me a lot of money and there's nothing I'll really miss that I can't stream online like original series on USA and TNT mainly. Since I have an OTA antenna and 2 HTPC's that record, I have enough content to last all year anyway. I get my news on the net anyway, so there's nothing lost there either. Would miss History and Discovery a little. I'll probably never sign another 2 year contract unless it's something spectacular. Absolute was a great deal, but lacked RSN's.

I can see leaving over higher fees and the attractive incentives from DirecTv/Cable/FIOS to get you in the door can certainly make short term relief in a home budget. That is totally understandable.

But to leave because they don't offer the HD version of a couple of channels is just nit picky, IMO.

Whats the new receiver fees? I am paying $6 for my DVR.

You're paying a $6.00 DVR fee, which is NOT a receiver fee. Primary or only receiver fee is built in, with various fees for additional receivers above 1.

Bang for buck. DirecTV offered me far more for about the same money (when promos end) I was going to be paying Dish. Not to mention that I have discounts for 24 months that make it much cheaper until then.

Now see, I just came from DTV, and I also did the math. I'm saving about $25 a month after the discounts end and have more programming (I don't watch sports)

My bill was $127 a month with standard def and two Tivo units that I owned. Upgraded to HD with one HD DVR (keeping my other Tivo) and my bill went to $157

BTW- I also like that DISH has BBCA and AMC in HD now. DTV doesn't and no word from them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)