922 or 722K with Sling Pro-HD

wied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2004
Wylie, Texas, United States
Just called Dish they will give me a 722K for free (with a 24 month commitment) or I can pay $200 and get a 922. Would it be better to the the free 722K and use the $200 to get a Sling Pro-HD?

Read the review, and see what you think you will like better. :)

Some will go the 722k and Sling route, while others will choose the 922.

But doesn't the 722k run software similar to the 612/622/722? At least all three of these use a very similar GUI. The 922's GUI is much different and the conflict resolution cant be beat on the 922. I've heard that the 722k is technically capable of the 922's GUI, but whether or not Dish will update the 722k with the 922's GUI, I believe has yet to be seen. I know there are some viewing options that having the Slingbox Pro HD give you that the 922 doesn't, but the 922 could also be upgraded with software that would make the viewing options the same. Although I've never had any trouble with my Slingbox Solo in over three years, having the Sling feature separate from your Dish receiver, means that your Slingbox Pro HD would not be covered under your DHPP. So the way I see it, it's really a toss up for most of us with the edge going to one's own personal preferences. From what I remember, I believe Scott said that in his review of the 922, but I could be wrong.

You still can not watch two different HD programs on two separate TV's at the same time within the same household with a 722K and Sling Pro-HD can you? If I understand this correct You would still need the sling HD extender and catcher for the 722K and the are not available yet.

I have a 722 and a Sling Pro HD. I got it in March, listening to those in this forum warning against being first to install a 922.
I would go for the 922 now, if I were in your position. I'll get it myself, soon and put the stand alone Sling in another room.

It worries me that the 922 uses a different viewing portal than my Pro HD. Everything just works great on mine...

I have had a Sling Solo for a few years and worked great with my 722. Problem is that if sling in the person at home has the channel changed to what you choose on sling. With 922 no effect on home watching. Also now I can use my Sling solo to connect to my ROKU allowing connection to Netflix/Amazon VOD from any ISP. Sling mobile works ok on Ipad and it even asks which Sling I want to connect to. Problem with mobile sling app is that designed for iphone and quality only ok. Sling working on new app for ipad with better resolution.

I have had a Sling Solo for a few years and worked great with my 722. Problem is that if sling in the person at home has the channel changed to what you choose on sling. With 922 no effect on home watching. Also now I can use my Sling solo to connect to my ROKU allowing connection to Netflix/Amazon VOD from any ISP. Sling mobile works ok on Ipad and it even asks which Sling I want to connect to. Problem with mobile sling app is that designed for iphone and quality only ok. Sling working on new app for ipad with better resolution.

I have a question concerning the Slingbox pro HD SB300-100 which transmits Hd signal. I'm also seeing a SB300-140 on ebay with what appears to be the same capabilities as the 100 only a little cheaper. What is the difference and does it transmit the HD signal as well. Thanks, cwk

I just replaced my 722/Slingbox Pro with the 922 yesterday.

Not sure if it's ready for prime time. Same problems as noted about. The big annoyance is no remote control in Full Screen Mode.

My 722/Slingbox Pro was great, but wanted to be able watch separate program vs. family while away for home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts