922 or the Sling Solo?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

david in texas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
hey all,

As I longtime Dish client I currently have 2 622's hooked up to 5 tv's. I would like to be able to watch TV on my iPad and thinking of either a 922 or a Sling Solo.

My question to the masses is, what would you all do, or have done?

What's the going rate for a 922 to a current subscriber? I think the solo is about $200.00.

Thanks
David

A 922 upgrade is also $200.00 so it doesn't matter pricewise what you get. I think the 922 still has some bug issues so you're probably better off with the sling solo for reliability.

Defiantly a 722k with the sling adapter. In my experience it works far better that the 922. The 922 has a beautiful GUI, but for the sling feature the the 722 with adapter works far better and the adapter is $99 opposed to a $200 upgrade for the 922 plus $4/month extra.

I'm enjoying my 722k with sling. My wife and I each have iphones and she has an ipad. She is able to take our daughter to work with her, so she has the ability to watch cartoons, which can be a relief during a busy day. My sling can be slow at times though I am curious if that is my internet connection in my home. On a good day, its a whopping 2.5mbps, hard wired.

People with 922's will say they are amazing.

By the way, you can now add external HD's for free to a rcvr. So for around $200 (the same price it will cost you to get a 922 in your home) you could have a beautiful 722k (sling and a 1TB external HD) or a 922 that will be in stock form and cost you an additional $4 a month.

Small talk says that the 722 may have new guide sooner or later. Who knows though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)