922 or the Sling Solo?

david in texas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
hey all,

As I longtime Dish client I currently have 2 622's hooked up to 5 tv's. I would like to be able to watch TV on my iPad and thinking of either a 922 or a Sling Solo.

My question to the masses is, what would you all do, or have done?

What's the going rate for a 922 to a current subscriber? I think the solo is about $200.00.

Thanks
David

A 922 upgrade is also $200.00 so it doesn't matter pricewise what you get. I think the 922 still has some bug issues so you're probably better off with the sling solo for reliability.

Defiantly a 722k with the sling adapter. In my experience it works far better that the 922. The 922 has a beautiful GUI, but for the sling feature the the 722 with adapter works far better and the adapter is $99 opposed to a $200 upgrade for the 922 plus $4/month extra.

I'm enjoying my 722k with sling. My wife and I each have iphones and she has an ipad. She is able to take our daughter to work with her, so she has the ability to watch cartoons, which can be a relief during a busy day. My sling can be slow at times though I am curious if that is my internet connection in my home. On a good day, its a whopping 2.5mbps, hard wired.

People with 922's will say they are amazing.

By the way, you can now add external HD's for free to a rcvr. So for around $200 (the same price it will cost you to get a 922 in your home) you could have a beautiful 722k (sling and a 1TB external HD) or a 922 that will be in stock form and cost you an additional $4 a month.

Small talk says that the 722 may have new guide sooner or later. Who knows though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts