922 question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swamp_Rat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
There is a hookup for an external antenna on the back of the 922. Well... I have tried to figure out for hours how to get to the locals once I hook it up and can't find squat. There is nothing in the instruction manual on it except it identifies the port.
How do I view locals once I hook the antenna up?

Thanks!

Lak,

I'm talking about #8 on that picture. I know about the antenna for the remote. Even the manual talks about the antenna hookup for locals but doesn't tell you how to access them.
I'm just trying to eliminate remotes for the remote challenged people like my wife.

That's for connecting something like a VCR.
EDIT:
I guess you could connect an antenna, turn off the 4DTV, and use the TV to change channels.
The 4DTV will not incorporate you locals into it's Channel List.

Actually it is only a late 2005 model so it really isn,t that old. I have a stand alone Motorola tuner that is at least that old.

I never used that connection, but I think the guys are right. It's just a pass-through for an antenna signal.

Mike

its just a pass through if you have a very old tv and are using the internal modulator it seemlessly switches you to the antenna when you turn off the 922. Not very practical today.

Actually it is only a late 2005 model so it really isn,t that old. I have a stand alone Motorola tuner that is at least that old.
I didn't mean old as in ancient....that'd be my 920 LOL! I meant like it would have an analog OTA tuner as opposed to a digital one, if the 4DTVs had one.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)