922 receiver acting very odd lately (restarts, missing data) ...

speedmaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
NY
We've had the 922 since I think February. Starting about two weeks ago it would occasionally reboot at odd times, on its own.

A few nights ago it did it twice within an hour. And now it seems to take about 3x as long to reboot than it did previously. One of the times it came back up, all of our recording schedule was gone.

Last night after one of these episodes it shut down and it had to press the button on the front several times to get it to start-up.

I've reset the DVR a couple times by unplugging it for a few minutes, then plugging it back in.

Any ideas as to what might be going on? I never see any kind of explicit error message, just this odd behavior.

Thanks very much in advance,
Chris

We've had the 922 since I think February. Starting about two weeks ago it would occasionally reboot at odd times, on its own.

A few nights ago it did it twice within an hour. And now it seems to take about 3x as long to reboot than it did previously. One of the times it came back up, all of our recording schedule was gone.

Last night after one of these episodes it shut down and it had to press the button on the front several times to get it to start-up.

I've reset the DVR a couple times by unplugging it for a few minutes, then plugging it back in.

Any ideas as to what might be going on? I never see any kind of explicit error message, just this odd behavior.

Thanks very much in advance,
Chris

It sounds like the receiver maybe starting to fail. Have you had the same issues since resetting the receiver?

Thanks, Zach. Yes, our resets don't seem to have improved anything. I always worry about overheating, but there's plenty of space and ventilation around the unit, and no other components over or under it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts