Effective April 7, 2010 DISH Network will be able to sell the ViP®922
SlingLoaded DVR

Overview
. Available for sale in all sales channels
. New Connect and Existing Customers are eligible
. $200 DHA Lease Upgrade fee
. 1 leased 922 per account allowed
. $600 DHA 2 and Flex TV fee

Any word if other providers can use this??

When the 922 was first talked about, they said other providers will able to use it also.

Seems like a pretty fair price to lease to me. Not sure about the purchase price, but I'm also not sure why anyone would buy an E* receiver these days. Most people won't need more than one sling receiver. For those of us that do an external sling will be the better solution.

I'm ready to move this to my account, but will wait until the EHD is working properly to move to the main room.

I'm ready to move this to my account,

Not me. I am still living in the dark ages and still have 2 sdtv's.;)

I will keep using two hdtv's on tv1 on my 622 and my Sling Solo on my 722k for travel. I don't have the 1.5 upstream required to Sling hd anyway. This box was clearly not made for me!!

has anyone tried to call in yet to get it ordered, or do you have to wait till the 7th to order?

edit- i called in and the rep told me to email the website? obviously not too bright

Last edited:
This $200 is it for everything needed to get HD at the reomte TV or just the DVR? I am not going to have to buy another piece of equipment to get HD at the second tv am I? I have a standard 722 vip not the K. I use the over the air tuner. Will I now have to fork out an extra $50 or $250 to get the OTA module for the 922?

Also It seems I had heard something about a usb device that could plug into the 722 and allow it to sling HD to the remote TV. Is this also going to be available on the 7th? If so for how much?

has anyone tried to call in yet to get it ordered...

I tried just now and he launched into what sounded like a prompted series of questions re: my internet connection, got me hopeful, then crushed my spirits by telling me it would not let him place the order yet or something. On the other hand, I am definitely not a valued or top customer since I have the lowest package w/ one tv connected so other people's mileage may vary.

It will be interesting to see if they impose a minimum internet connection rule on leasing a 922. It may also just be that since per Scott's original posting says they are not released until April 7, you may have just jumped the gun by a few days.

CSR KFT just reported that the release date "has been pushed back to April 7th" I asked if there where any requirements to upgrade. No response. She also said the upgrade fee would be $250.00. I asked if that was fact... She was unsure. Be careful.

I was thinking of making the change to the 922 when it comes out but I was wondering how many channels it can record and the same time because I can record 4 channels at once with my 722k.
Thanks

I was thinking of making the change to the 922 when it comes out but I was wondering how many channels it can record and the same time because I can record 4 channels at once with my 722k.
Thanks

Just like the 722k it can record two at a time over satellite. If you want OTA you add a MT2 tuner cartridge which gives you an additional 2 OTA tuners, meaning it can record up to 4 programs at once.

Do I understand correctly? The 922 is now NOT a Duo DVR therefore(absent the use of sling) it can only be connected to one TV ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts