922 soon?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
BTW I should note, that there is a good chance I will get my hands on one, however if I do I will not be reporting about it or talking about it out of respect to Dish Network.

This product is a BETA product and thus means its not ready for the public. While its beta I will do my best to learn the product and help find and squish any bugs I find in order to make this a better product for all. While the unit is in beta it is my chance to help make the 922 better for all. Once the 922 is ready for the public you will find no better place to learn how to use your 922 then here at SatelliteGuys.US. :)

It couldn't be beta if it coming out of a door the company in retail box.
Perhaps you will see beta FW, not the DVR itself. So, according all types of NDA you should keep silence about SW, but HW could be not covered by it.

BTW I should note, that there is a good chance I will get my hands on one, however if I do I will not be reporting about it or talking about it out of respect to Dish Network.

This product is a BETA product and thus means its not ready for the public. While its beta I will do my best to learn the product and help find and squish any bugs I find in order to make this a better product for all. While the unit is in beta it is my chance to help make the 922 better for all. Once the 922 is ready for the public you will find no better place to learn how to use your 922 then here at SatelliteGuys.US. :)
Obviously, you cannot write a review or any type of critique, but will you be allowed to report on the feature-set? Will Dish make a full feature list on their own?

Its only now is going out to retailers for beta testing. I think they'll be lucky to get it out to subscribers before the end of the year, although they're tentatively expecting an October release from what I understand.

I could have sworn Charlie said June in the Charlie chat. I guess he either meant for beta testers or that was Dish network code for June (but really a half a year later)

Scott,

The 922 is one reason that I jumped ship from DirecTV. I have two 722K's now and LOVE them, compared to the HR21 series they are dreams, the only thing that I miss is the MRV, I dont know if Charlie has plans for this or not? Maybe so?
Anyway, I assume that the $199 lease and commitment for current Dish subs is still what is expected for the 922?
Keep us updated.

Thanks

I would wait for TiVo vs Dish lawsuit ending.
They could find the ViPxxx is colorably different and order to shut off all DVRs include 922.
What you'll do with the expensive doorstop ?

Since you can provide feedback to Dish, be sure to talk about the lack of the freakin IR receiver :mad: unless ive missed some news, last i heard..wasnt going to have one. useless to me.

I think for users the Tivo ruling will not be an issue. Dish got a stay, Dish will pay if forced to.
They will not let DVR's get shut off. The sky is not falling

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)