922, tv2 problem

danfarm

Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
NY
Just got my 922 DVR yesterday, with tv 2 it won't record one program, and let you watch another at the same time, what am I doing wrong?

Just got my 922 DVR yesterday, with tv 2 it won't record one program, and let you watch another at the same time, what am I doing wrong?
There are only two satellite tuners in the 922 (as in other Duo receivers). If one is recording, the other can be used to watch another channel. However, putting the receiver in Duo mode assigns one tuner to TV1 and the other to TV2 so you only get to watch OR record one program on each half of the receiver.

There are other conflicts:

Sling playout places the receiver in Duo mode and takes over the TV2 side of the box.

As satnewb says, if the record preference is set to TV2, then you can't watch anything on TV2 while a recording is in progress even of TV1 isn't in use. At least I think that's correct -- haven't actually tried it.

I believe Sling playout also interrupts a recording! I could be wrong about this but it seems like I lost part of a recording about the time I was showing the Sling streaming to someone.

Yes, if you are recording on TV 2 and you sling to your receiver, what you are recording will be displayed on your sling device. If you try to change the channel, you will be alerted that changing channels will stop the recording. If you are recording on TV 2, you can watch a DVR recording while TV 2 is recording.

I quick fix for watching another program on TV 2 while recording on TV 2 (if no one is watching TV 1), you can place the receiver in single mode and watch what you want at TV 2. The only problem with this setup is that both TV 1 and TV 2 will have the same picture on the both TVs. If someone is watching TV 1, both remotes control the receiver to change channels. I hope this helps.

There are only two satellite tuners in the 922 (as in other Duo receivers). If one is recording, the other can be used to watch another channel. However, putting the receiver in Duo mode assigns one tuner to TV1 and the other to TV2 so you only get to watch OR record one program on each half of the receiver.

There are other conflicts:

Sling playout places the receiver in Duo mode and takes over the TV2 side of the box.

As satnewb says, if the record preference is set to TV2, then you can't watch anything on TV2 while a recording is in progress even of TV1 isn't in use. At least I think that's correct -- haven't actually tried it.

I believe Sling playout also interrupts a recording! I could be wrong about this but it seems like I lost part of a recording about the time I was showing the Sling streaming to someone.