922 VideoCipher Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I plan to upgrade my Tracker VIII+ to a 922 . Can I use my current VCII module or do I need to get a VCII+???
Thanks,

You should be able to use your current module. The digital programming from the 4dtv, is built into the 922. You will need a VCII module, only if you want some of the analog programming not available on DCII (the digital side). Your module will work. Any programming already authorized should come in with that module.

Al

Thanks for the reply voom voom;
So I don`t need to do anything but plug in my VCII module and I`ll be able to get the same programs on my current subscription???

Yep...

cspiteri said:
So I don`t need to do anything but plug in my VCII module and I`ll be able to get the same programs on my current subscription???

Just like Voom Voom said! I did the same operation!

Worst case senerio...you call your provider and ask for a rehit (only heard of this once though!!)

Luck
jeff

cspiteri said:

This may sound dumb. But make shure you have the ac off from both recievers before you remove that VCII from one receiver and plug it into the other. If you don't, you will probably blow the module.

Don H.

NOT Dumb

wtkflhn said:
This may sound dumb. But make shure you have the ac off from both recievers before you remove that VCII from one receiver and plug it into the other. If you don't, you will probably blow the module.

Don H.

Definately NOT DUMB...GOOD ADVICE!

Yes,make sure reciever is unplugged from it's power source before changing your board.(just shutting the power off will not stop possible damage).Know from personal exsperiance.Blew resistors in many black cage boards before learned the hard way!

I'd make the switch quickly...in case the VCII battery is nearly expired.

If the battery is dead and the module loses power, the module will quit working.

And...

JerryK said:
I'd make the switch quickly...in case the VCII battery is nearly expired.

If the battery is dead and the module loses power, the module will quit working.

As per the Faq...plz make sure you are well protected and wear protective eyewear. Lithium batteries can suddenly burst if stressed, when they get old.

The Faq also tells you how to use a $1.99 Radio Shack AA battery Holder + AA 3V lithium battery to make the switch in parallel...some good articles there!

Let us know!
jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts