922 will only sling live TV, can't sling DVR recordings

hamishm

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
This post is NOT about the fact that recording on TV2 means you can't sling something you've already recorded because that's done using TV2 also (I believe that's correct). You have to stop recording first to sling something else from the hard drive (which in itself is pretty annoying).

This post is about the fact that even when TV2 is NOT recording something, I cannot get the Sling add-on for either IE8 or Firefox to successfully select and play a recording from my DVR. I get as far as clicking "play on the web", then it just fails to do it. The streaming window shows the live TV feed no problem, i just can't get it to show anything else. It just doesn't respond to the remote command or clicks on the links to the DVR recordings either.

I've tried this now on 2 windows 7 PCs and with both IE8 and Firefox, with the same results, so I'm thinking this must be something to do with the 922 itself.

Despite rebooting everything I can think of including the 922, it just won't switch from streaming live TV to streaming a recording.

I've already given up on using the sling capability for second-room viewing within our home - it's just way too flakey and I'm going back to using SD from our Vip 622 for that. But I would like to get the sling function *working*, at least.

Anyone had a similar problem? I've not seen a post about this.

Turns out this was all about the Sling server meltdown over the weekend - all is working now

Also - I said above that you couldn't Sling a DVR recording while recording a live program on TV2 - that is NOT true. Now it is working, I can record on TV2 and Sling a DVR recording of something else at the same time.

Turns out this was all about the Sling server meltdown over the weekend - all is working now

Also - I said above that you couldn't Sling a DVR recording while recording a live program on TV2 - that is NOT true. Now it is working, I can record on TV2 and Sling a DVR recording of something else at the same time.

Weird. I'm still not able to do that. Just now I was trying to Sling a previously recorded show while TV2 was recording, and it just showed the currently recording show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)