922's EHD's to be DISABLED tonight.

I got my 922 about two weeks ago but had read this thread and have been nervous about hooking up my EHD. Does anyone have an update on whether that issue has been fixed? Is it safe to hook it up? Thanks!

Hello Kennyclub,

A few weeks ago I hooked up my EHD and successfully transferred about 20 recordings.

Sometimes, the 922 would say it failed to transfer; so I would try again and it would work. Still, I only did one folder at a time.

Just try 1 show at a time until you feel more comfortable about doing more.

Bye

Watch programs from 622 EHD on 922?

Got a 922 last week, replacing a 622 - which a Dish installer moved to another room to replace an older SD unit - and hooked it up with composite cables until I could get a new HD set. When I hooked up a new HD TV to the 622, the HDMI port would no longer work (it had worked in the other room).

Dish sent out a replacement for it, BUT (here's the drama) I had to pay a "non-refundable" $40 fee to be able to hook up an EHD to get the programs off before I sent the busted 622 back to them. Ok, that was whining... I had been thinking about doing that anyway, but it bugs me that because of a problem with their machine, I had to pay extra to get the programs off...

I get that the 922's EHD feature isn't working yet, but can I plug the EHD (with the programs I saved from the old 622) into the 922 and, rather than copy them onto the 922, just watch them off of the EHD? I THINK I did this on the new 622, but wondering if the 922 works that way. I don't really want to keep most of these programs, but missed watching a few and once I catch up, the programs are deleted.

Thanks!
Larry Becker

As of yet I have NOT be able to play anything from my EHD. I have about 650 gigs of video and get error messages when I try to transfer on to the 922 for viewing. No solution at Dish and I've had the unit for three months now.

jcord51 - thanks for replying.

Can you play shows off of the EHD WITHOUT transferring them to the 922?

That is, can the 922 recognize the EHD and just play programs off of the EHD without moving them over?

Thanks -

Larry

Be grateful we have the option of saving programs now. I can't count how many programs I've lost from my 721s and ViP622 before the age of EHDs.

LDBecker, the ability to watch directly from the EHD is disabled at this time. I have had success, with lots of patience, of moving programs from the EHD to the 922. Thankfully the slower summer period and the larger HD on the 922 have kept me from space issues.

Dish does seem to be moving rather slowly on addressing the 922 issues. I don't think there has been a new software release in at least 2 months.

Thanks for the reply, SoonerSteve. Fortunately I have the replacement 622 - and a new HD tv attached to it (Sharp LED 32") to watch it on. No sound system on that system yet, but it looks great.

Reading all these posts on the 922 I was beginning to regret getting it, but I haven't really had other issues. The receiver seems snappy, I'm getting used to the new guide and kind of like it, and Sling usually seems to work (though my work internet connection isn't up to streaming anything but the lowest quality setting).

Larry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)