942 and Caller ID Problem

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
I've only had the 942 for 3 days and the Caller ID does not work consistently--sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't--very sporadic. I called Dish Technical Support and they told me to call my Installer to see if they could trouble shoot or swap out the 942, but my installer doesn't have any more 942's at the moment and I thought maybe there was some sort of over-the-phone troubleshooting that could have been done.

Anybody hear have this problem and what was the cause/solution?

Is it the 942 or our phone system or?

I had caller ID on the VOOM DSR550 and it worked perfectly all of the time.

It doesn't work at all on either of my two 942s, where it worked fine on my 921s before. Dish engineering is aware of it and looking into it (according to the dbstalk.com 942 support forum).

Caller ID seems to be a problem with 942s. I have two 942s; on one caller ID works the other it has worked but most of the time it does't. Note I have Verizon DSL and each line from wall to 942 has two DSL fitler in series. Why one works and the other not I can not say.

As sampatterson noted Dish is said to be looking into 942 caller id problem / issue

My callerID on my 942 works fine. Everytime I get a call, a box pops up on my TV to show me who's calling. My only complaint is that the phone # is not formatted. It shows 1234567890 instead of 123-456-7890.

Just wanted to add that Caller ID on my 942 is not working properly: the pop up box does not appear and the history will only display the last caller. This feature worked very well on our VOOM receivers and we didn't realize how much we missed it. I'm new to E* so I have no idea how quickly they patch software, but it has to be better than V*. Speaking of software, what is the latest software version for the 942? Can someone point me to a thread that summarizes all of E*'s current receiver/software releases and issues (I also have two 811s). Thanks in advance.

I have the 942. The Caller ID works sporadically. When it does work, it shows the phone number (123-123-1234) and the name of caller. It's nice, but I wish it worked all of the time. Hopefully, a software upgrade will fix it.

Update on my no caller id on 942. I had my first caller ID popup last night on the 942. It was Unknown Number on a call we got from mexico. Not 5 minutes later when another call came in, nothing popped up. So at least I have had 1 now...! :D

I have the 942. The Caller ID works sporadically. When it does work, it shows the phone number (123-123-1234) and the name of caller. It's nice, but I wish it worked all of the time. Hopefully, a software upgrade will fix it.

Any news on the Caller ID problem--didn't seem to be fixed with the new software upgrade??? I really was spoiled by the VOOM STB--which worked just fine!

Please get this fixed asap! Otherwise, someone ought to change the info sheet online describing the features of the 942.

Also, on the 942 remote, the format (*) button does not work!

My caller ID only works 50% of the time. No change w/new sw.

kcromeis said:
what the deal if it doesnt work correctly? cant you get the caller id info off your phone?

When we are watching HDTV, the room is darkened and the phone in that room does not light up with the caller ID info--also we are far enough away from it, not to be able to see it. Also, I am losing sight in my right eye--that's why we went for the large-screen HD TV in February, so I could see the screen--the caller ID is large enough so that I can read it, but I sure can't see it on the phone in the dark.

bookwalk said:
When we are watching HDTV, the room is darkened and the phone in that room does not light up with the caller ID info--also we are far enough away from it, not to be able to see it. Also, I am losing sight in my right eye--that's why we went for the large-screen HD TV in February, so I could see the screen--the caller ID is large enough so that I can read it, but I sure can't see it on the phone in the dark.

ok... as a "newbie" i wasnt sure if the 942 cancelled out the phones existing caller ID and this was the only way to see it,etc.

My caller id works occcasionly and this morning I had a message that I was going to be charged a extra $5 since I don't have a phone hookup. I checked the phone connections and I do have a dsl filter on the line. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)