942 DVR "Recovered"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

red65mustang

Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
On my 942 all my manual OTA DVR events are showing up as "Recovered" and some are lost even though I know they were recorded. This is not good since most of our manual events are my wife’s shows. Dish told me that it was corrupted timer info and I should erase all recorded events and start over. If this is true then is there a way I can reformat the hard drive to start over?

I think I remember this being a problem introduced in one of the software upgrades when people didn't subscribe to locals. I'm assuming that you don't? As far as I remember there was not a fix discovered other than subsribing to locals.

Yes, I don't subscribe to local HD service though Dish and wont. Why do I want to pay for super compressed HD Chanel's over the satellite. I have thought that was a possible cause and it makes me mad at Dish for doing that.

This is a bug that I believe was introduced when they allowed you to edit the DVR program names. Even if you subscribe to the locals package, if you manually set up a timer for a subchannel that doesn't have program guide info, you'll get the "Recovered" message. Note that the initial recording is fine. The "Recovered" state doesn't occur until after the nightly reboot. I agree it stinks as I didn't subscribe the locals package for a few weeks earlier this summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts