942 L282 to Spool Today!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
voripteth said:
My 942 is set to check for updates at 3am. How do I get it to download the update as soon as I get home?
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customerCare/technical/software_versions/index.asp

Updating Software
Verify signal from Point Dish:
Press the Menu button on the remote
Select System Setup from the Main Menu.
Select Installation from the System Setup Menu.
Select Point Dish from the Installation Menu.
Verify the signal bar is green and indicates "Locked".
Power the receiver off with the remote for 15 minutes to take the download.

Well, my wife's All My Children timer misfired for the 2nd day in a row (first time any timers have misfired) so this download will hopefully same me from further ass chewings. Downloaded L2.82 a short while ago and freeze problem after frame advance, and jumping to live after skip backward/forward appears to have been fixed. Haven't noticed any new problems...yet.

Scott, I think you can un-sticky this thread now that L2.83 goes into full phase release Thursday (according to the Dish Tech site):
Dish Tech Updates said:
12/14/2005: 1131 Software Version L2.83 for DVR942

Effective Thursday, December 15th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L2.83 for the DVR942 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L2.83 will be the valid software version for the DVR942.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts