942 OTA guide data outside DMA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sixbears

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Wyoming, NY
My problem is.....

All of my digital OTA stations that I can receive are outside of my DMA. I cannot receive any OTA digital stations in my DMA due to hills between myself and the transmitters. I am located right on the DMA boundry lines however my zip code puts me in the DMA that I cannot recieve any OTA digital stations. Worse yet, I goto work in the non-DMA city. So when Dish offers me LiL's for my DMA, I ask them why would I want to know traffic reports and local news for a city I don't work in?

Even if I was to subscribe to LiL's would I get any guide information for the OTA digital stations I receive outside of my DMA?

I however receive OTA digital program listings for these stations out of my DMA on my 811.

TALK ABOUT A BIG STEP BACKWARDS.

Ok the installer was out today to check over my installation of the 942. Since I have a superdish and a 61.5 dish for VOOM he decided I needed a DPP44 switch and installed one. Also I ordered my locals and lo-and-behold my OTA digital channels (outside my DMA)now have program guide information. And it is the correct guide information for the channels (I check to see what the guide displayed when the local news is broadcast.

I would hate to get LiL's just to have the ability to display OTA guide info but at least in my case the LiL's are all different channels than my OTA stations. I cannot receive any of my DMA locals OTA due to terrian problems.

Your sig says you have a "Dish300 Legacy twin 61.5°" but of course a Legacy twin will not only not fit on a Dish300, but legacy LNBs won't work with Dish Pro switches. I'm you may mean a DishPro dual on a Dish300.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)