942 TV2 options

softwiz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 30, 2005
If you do not already have coax ran to your TV2 location, you might think about using a 2.4ghz AV transmitter/receiver pair.

I've used this setup at my house for about 3 years to get my second receiver's output upstairs to our bedroom. That way I can use the receiver in my den (where it's physically located) and up in the bedroom.

They have built in remote extenders which work pretty good but are unecessary for the 942 since the TV2 remote is UHF.

I bought the RadioShack ones but most any brand will work. I get a perfect picture from about 40 feet.

They use a composite, left and right connection from the 942 for TV2. At the TV end you can use either coax or composite, left and right. Composite at the TV end gives a much better picture.

Anyway, just thought I would throw this out as an option.

A couple more tips.

If you have 2.4ghz Frequency Hopping Digital Spread Spectrum phones, they will interfere with the AV transmitter because they hop around on all frequences. The solution to this a 5.8 ghz phone system. I had to replace my FHDSS phones with a 5.8ghz system.

If you have older Digital Spread Spectrum 2.4 ghz phones that have a channel button, just set the phone on a channel that does not interfere with the AV transmitter.

If you have a 2.4 ghz 802.11b or g wireless router like I do, set the router to channel 11 and the AV transmitter to channel A (channel 1). This gives sufficient frequency space between the two so they do not interfere with each other.

Kevin

Is the TV2 coax output stereo? I thought I read that in some spec.

If it outputs the sat channels in stereo that is a rare feature since a stereo modulator must be used in the box.

I don't have a 942 since I'm still in morning over the loss of my Voom sat.

I plan on having the installer run the coax from the 942 in my living room, up the side of my house, over the roof and then into an upstairs bedroom. Anyone have any idea how long the coax can be before there's some signal degradation?

InspectorZ said:
Is the TV2 coax output stereo? I thought I read that in some spec.

If it outputs the sat channels in stereo that is a rare feature since a stereo modulator must be used in the box.

I don't have a 942 since I'm still in morning over the loss of my Voom sat.

Yes, the TV2 UHF modulator provides stereo. The 322 modulator does not.

Ncc1701 said:
I plan on having the installer run the coax from the 942 in my living room, up the side of my house, over the roof and then into an upstairs bedroom. Anyone have any idea how long the coax can be before there's some signal degradation?

The 942 drives the TV2 coax with a lot of signal strength. I had a leaflet in my box instructing me to install a supplied attenuator in the line for single TV. The attenuator is not needed for splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)