95W is Hiding

Status
Please reply by conversation.

matt74

Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
Ontario
Yeah i got the same problem but i got the new HD H23 reciever and have been reading and wonder where is this manual config people have been talking about on other posts. I am using my in-laws old international dish that only has 1 LNB, my other dish is the slim-line 5 sat dish. so i got the 5 sat up no problem with check marks across the board except on the 95W dish, so i have been working on this for a week and still nothing, i have a signal meter and it keeps picking up Sats but nothing on the reciever, so what am i doing wrong is the switch bad, or maybe need a new 95w Dish since this one is old. I ask about the switch because i redid the setup again and now there is "X" on 99 Odd and 99 Even and 103 Odd, and 103 Even.

Matt

According to SolidSignal, there is only 1 multiswitch that is compatible with using both the 5-lnb dish and the international dish: the Zinwell Sam-6802 6x8 switch. The more common Zinwell WB68 multiswitch is not compatible with the International dish.

Also, all the International dishes have 2 LNBs, although one of them looks very different from what most people think of as an LNB, so what model of dish are you using?

im not sure what the model of the dish i got from the in-law but it is the old one that Direct TV used to use before the double lnb dish i think the dish might be 7+ years old. and i do have the wb68, and have 95W plugged into the the flexport 1 spot, does anyone know what the specs are on the LNB i think its KU but not sure the range of freq. since i have an old FTA dish i was thinking about using, since i am starting to think the lnd is not working on the old dish

Yeah i got the same problem but i got the new HD H23 reciever and have been reading and wonder where is this manual config people have been talking about on other posts. I am using my in-laws old international dish that only has 1 LNB, my other dish is the slim-line 5 sat dish. so i got the 5 sat up no problem with check marks across the board except on the 95W dish, so i have been working on this for a week and still nothing, i have a signal meter and it keeps picking up Sats but nothing on the reciever, so what am i doing wrong is the switch bad, or maybe need a new 95w Dish since this one is old. I ask about the switch because i redid the setup again and now there is "X" on 99 Odd and 99 Even and 103 Odd, and 103 Even.

Matt

If that's what you are seeing, and checks in the 95 101 110 119???

Red X's mean you need a tech out to fine tune that dish or get a new lnb, cause it might be bad.

I changed the wb68 and got 99 & 103 back but still nothing on 95W would like to know the specs on the 95 lnb

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I put my old fta dish up for 95W, I got a 99% on transponder 7 but 0% on the other ones what did I do wrong? When the reciever verifies the install there is an X on 95W part

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I tried aligning 95W with my other receiver and got 80 - 100% across the board except on transponder 1, 22, and 25 they were 0% so i thought everything was good, then i tried it on my H23 receiver and i only got transponder 7 @ 98% and all the other were 0% so i am wondering whats wrong, i check channel 2060 on h23 and it just says looking for signal. On the other receiver it say cant get channel in your area but i know it can be since my friend has no problem getting the channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)