97,99 and 101. Is it possible

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
I have been reading that on g16 at 99 there is alot of fta c band. Would it be possible?? To put a c band lnb on my 1.2 muzak dish that I have pointed at 97ku with a lnb on the side for 101ku. Or would a c band lnb be to large to get the other 2 lnbs 97ku and 101 ku. thanks for any input.
How about if I took a cband scalar ring with the cband in the center and cut 2 round holes one left and one right of c band and mounted the ku lnbs for 97 and 101 in the scalar ring. Or would that still be to close?

Last edited:
I seen your thread married the 2 small lnbs, very impressive. I would like to gain the network feeds that are on 99 c band but do not have a c band set up. Thought I might use the pole mounted 1.2 that I have for 97 and 101. I have an old "True Focus" solid spun dish that I used long ago out in back of the pole barn just sitting but it is a long way from my zinwell 6x8 and no more ports available for the c band on the zinwell. All the receivers in my house (3) run out to the zinwell and I have 2 1.2 muzak dishes set up of ku. I think I have see where you can add a second zinwell to the first and get 3 more lnbs to the system. But I would have to bury another 100' of coax from the zinwell to the c band if I were to set it up in back of the pole barn.
Do you think another 100' plus what ever coax is in the house would be too much coax or would a in line amp take care of that?

The C band LNB is to big - look at this post. I did two degree spacing with KU mini bullet LNBs:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/151258-building-1-2-meter-dish-2-spacing.html
Bob

. . . it is a long way from my zinwell 6x8 and no more ports available for the c band on the zinwell.
All the receivers in my house (3) run out to the zinwell and I have 2 1.2 muzak dishes set up of ku.
I think I have see where you can add a second zinwell to the first and get 3 more lnbs to the system.
So, you are using two LNBs on your Zinwell 6x8 switch?
That uses four of your six inputs.
I believe FTA receivers cannot access the other two input ports; only DirecTV receivers have that capability.

And, I don't know of any way to expand the switch with another, to have more inputs.
If there is some way, point me to it. :cool:
Or maybe we're talking about different switches.

Take a look at the Switches Simplified FAQ for ideas to bring 3..4..8 LNBs to your receivers.

Last edited:
So, you are using two LNBs on your Zinwell 6x8 switch?
That uses four of your six inputs.
I believe FTA receivers cannot access the other two input ports; only DirecTV receivers have that capability.

correct. the 2 flex ports only work with a Directv setup and not FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts